Content of the article: "A Brief List of Tips"
I’ve seen some discussion about various gameplay mechanics/annoyances that I have either figured a workaround for, or naturally stumbled into.
Combat (Berserker difficulty)
Use lock-on instead of Odinsight to spot enemies mid-combat. While Odinsight highlights all enemies within a given distance, it takes time and is a bit unfun to spam when you should be slaughtering.
Lock-on only does 2 things. It focuses the camera on the locked enemy, and adjusts your movement to be relative to that enemy. You can still use left stick to strike in any direction, and at any other enemy.
Don’t always dodge/parry early. Some enemy attacks take a moment to load up.
When you dodge, only dodge-roll when necessary, and try to dodge toward and past the enemy. This will leave you in a better position for counter attack.
Single weapon/no shield, gives you access to the hidden blade mid-combat. Hold the block button to introduce steel to brain.
Stealth (Master Difficulty)
I have seen a lot of discussion on reddit about how stealth is broken, useless, instant aggro, etc.
I use stealth extensively even for the beginning of most raids, simply because I find it enjoyable.
When the detection sound goes off, it does not necessarily mean the enemies have turned aggressive. It just means they have noticed you. Keep your hood up, walk away from them slowly, and don’t climb/crouch until you’re out of line-of-sight.
Distrust zones have much more leniency than restricted zones, treat them accordingly.
If you are noticed, keep the fight contained and dispatch the enemy ASAP. They are unlikely to alert the whole encampment unless you let the fight spill into multiple areas.
The Raven has been nerfed big time. But it’s now the only way to find hidden access to enemy camps (outside of natural exploration). Pop that bird in the air and glance around the edges of the camp to seek out hidden entrances.
That’s all for now. What tips do you all have?
- The Last of Us Part II is how every major game should handle difficulty settings…
- A genuine question regarding TLOU Part II NOT related to the story
- The one thing that all the “soulslike” combat mods haven’t done
More about Assassin's CreedPost: "A Brief List of Tips" specifically for the game Assassin's Creed. Other useful information about this game:
- I like a lot about Valhalla, its probably my favourite combat system since Black Flag and the (IMO) the best out of the three ‘modern’ Assassins Creeds… but I really wish Ubisoft would actually hire someone with a proper understanding about designing bosses for this kind of combat system.
- My interpretation of the man on the bench from Assassin’s Creed Embers
- The last third of the story makes no sense, but could be easily fixed by switching the order of events
- I’m so sick of this game crashing. – PLEASE HELP –
- Why Valhalla is so special to me now
Top 10 NEW Games of December 2020
December 2020 is the final big bang month of the year for game releases on PC, PS5, PS4, Series X, Xbox One, and Stadia.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.