Content of the article: "Common misconceptions about Valhalla stats: You cannot build for stealth.."
–at least, you can't build for stealth in ways that you may have thought you could. I have done some testing, and wanted to share my findings to clear up some misconceptions about stats in Valhalla.
1. You cannot reduce detection speed
Even though it would ostensibly seem that stats such as Stealth and Evasion would make it so you get detected slower, neither of these stats (whether you get them through the skill tree, equipment stats, or runes*) make you harder to detect.
*Even though the weapon shadow rune says it increases "Stealth," rather than "Stealth Damage," it only increases stealth damage. You can check this in the overall stats menu.
Stealth only affects the damage you do while undetected.
Evasion only affects how frequently an enemy's attack will do significantly less damage on you (think of it like the critical hit stat, but reversed).
2. Weight does not affect how quiet you are
From my testing, your armor/weapon Weight has no discernible difference to how much noise you make. It doesn't matter if you are wearing the lightest armor and slap on weight reduction runes or if you are wearing the bulkiest, heaviest gear you have–enemies will hear you at the same distance if you jump down/run by them. This is actually pretty annoying, since enemies can hear you drop down from surprisingly far away, and back in AC Unity you could wear stealth-oriented gear that made your movements quieter.
- Weight only affects how much stamina is consumed while dodging.
3. You can still build for stealth damage
You can increase your Stealth Damage, Assassination Damage, and Ranged Damage to ensure that you defeat enemies while in stealth more reliably. However,
- TL;DR: you cannot modify your stats to make you harder to detect or quieter.
Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
- Friendly Tip for New Players and your S.P.E.C.I.A.L
- A Note On Difficulty – I’m pretty sure gear and stats in general barely matter. Testing and methods I used to obtain enough info to make that statement within.
- The Highest Carry Weight in the Game?
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about Assassin's CreedPost: "Common misconceptions about Valhalla stats: You cannot build for stealth.." specifically for the game Assassin's Creed. Other useful information about this game:
- What if the 2021 rumor game is a Templar spin-off “AC: Rogue” style, in more ways than one?
- A truly next gen AC game and how it should be
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Analyzing the Isu language transliterations and making Isu alphabet
- The mini-games in AC Valhalla are some of the worst I’ve “played” in recent memory. I’m curious to know what you folks think of them?
- Overdesign II Trophy/Achievement (ACValhalla) Strategy.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.