Content of the article: "How I think an Assassin’s Creed game could work in the WWI era and beyond"
- I feel that a lot of people think that an Assassin's Creed game set in WWI or later would not work, as they believe that the level of firearms technology that was present in those time periods would render all hand-to-hand and stealth combat pointless. I'll admit, for a long time I was one of the people. However, I had a complete change of heart after playing Mafia III.
- Set during the Vietnam War era, Mafia III follows Lincoln Clay as he wages a personal war of revenge against the Dixie Mafia after they kill his surrogate crime family. During the game, while there is plenty of gun battles using a variety of automatic weapons, there is also a major stealth component involved in the gameplay which reminded me of the stealth gameplay found in the Assassin's Creed series.
- I feel that if Ubisoft made an Assassin's Creed game modeled after the gameplay found in Mafia III, then they could have it set in any era with semi or automatic firearms. This would open up a whole new world of potential stories, as Ubisoft has avoided making any games set in eras with automatic firearms as of now.
- And while doing this would definitely change much of the core gameplay of the franchise, I do not think that this would necessarily be a bad thing, as some of the most popular Assassin's Creed games such as Black Flag and Origins did just that.
- If Ubisoft did do this, here are some eras and storylines I would love to see
- WWI-They could either have Lydia Frye as the main character or a whole new Assassin whose goals are to stop the Templars on both sides who are trying to prolong the conflict for some nefarious purpose.
- WWII-An Assassin that has to travel to various Nazi-occupied territories in order to assassinate various Templars. As was already revealed, along with Hitler, both Stalin and FDR were secretly Templars, so a great twist would be having a patriotic American Assassin learning this and having to assassinate American templars, which would conflict with his innate sense of patriotism.
- Vietnam-Like Mafia III, I would love it if an Assassin's Creed game set in the Vietnam era starred an African-American Assassin, as it would allow the franchise to examine the issues of race and racism while still have a great story and action.
- This Is A Stealth Series, I miss the Gameplay and feel of being a Assassin and taking down my target, I really Hope Ubisoft make Assassin Creed more like Hitman and Splinter Cell next Game.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins and Odyssey. Fun games but they don’t feel like Assassin’s Creed anymore
- Ghost of Tsushima: The New Assassin’s Creed?
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about Assassin's CreedPost: "How I think an Assassin’s Creed game could work in the WWI era and beyond" specifically for the game Assassin's Creed. Other useful information about this game:
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.