Content of the article: "My overall thoughts on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla [mild SPOILERS]"
On November 21st of 2020 at 23:34, with over 80 hours of gameplay, I completed the Assassin's Creed Valhalla main storyline (Modern Day) (there is one territory left to pledge, but it stands at power 340 whilst I am only at 286, which means I'll be doing the !<Asgard Arcs>! for now). I have many mixed feelings about this game, but most of them are good ones. I believe this to finally be the Assassin's Creed game we needed. Remember when you got to the end of Assassin's Creed II, or Brotherhood, Revelations, and even III, and you were left empty inside due to a masterful cliffhanger ending? Well, fear not, because that is exactly what happened in Assassin's Creed Valhalla! This time, they amp'ed the "WTF"ness to a million! Darby McDevitt you have definitely outdone yourselves with this one, and you have no idea how much joy you and your team have brought me through this game! Amazing work to every single one of you!! Now, obviously I picked the "Let the animus decide" option, as it was the one which made more sense, lore-wise. And the whole jumping between characters made more sense than I ever imagined! Going through the story as the female Eivor was amazing, it made me feel like she actually belonged, in ways that it wouldn't have made sense otherwise. Not saying that male Eivor is a bad option. Not at all. In fact, I plan to do a second playthrough with him as soon as they give us the New Game Plus Mode! This was an Assassin's Creed game through and through with certain viking elements and style, but an Assassin's Creed game at it's core. Now like I said, my feelings were mixed, and there are definitely aspects which I disliked. Even though it wasn't as long as Odyssey, Valhalla is still one of the longest titles in the franchise, and it suffered from that aspect. After a BIG change occurred in Sigurd , the following arcs felt like they were dragging on too long. I honestly felt bored and like not playing for a couple days. But I eventually picked it back up, and I finally got to the main ending. And in case you're wondering, I got the good one 😉 Other than that and the exceeding amount of bugs, my only complaints for now are the lack of a New Game Plus, and the option to change the cosmetics of gear/weapons (without affecting the stats obviously). Overall, I feel that Assassin's Creed Valhalla is one of the best games I ever played, if not the actual best! If they can correct the bugs and fix the crashes, I feel it has the potential of being GOTY! I absolutely loved this game and it now stands as my favourite in the entire franchise!
My personal verdict is 9.5/10. _ Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is an amazing game.
- [Day 60/60] Assassin’s Creed Marathon – Final Thread
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Spoiler Discussion [Spoilers Allowed]
More about Assassin's CreedPost: "My overall thoughts on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla [mild SPOILERS]" specifically for the game Assassin's Creed. Other useful information about this game:
- The Modern Day Ending and what it means moving forward
- Some controversy regarding Legacy of the First Blade E2
- [mild spoilers, no potential spoilers] Just wanted to share my opinion on valhalla as how its a great game and how it is bad game
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Title Update 1.0.4
- I get a little peeved at the complaints non-fans levy against the series.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – 1.0.4 Title Update coming November 26, 2020.
- Does Valhalla actually resolve this old mystery?
- I find the Stealth mechanic just fine for the game as it is.
- Animus anomalies transcripts and their meanings
- What is assassins creed to you and what should it be? Does this feel right?
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.