Content of the article: "Valhalla is missing basic features that were in Origins and Odyssey"
I'm really dissapointed that Valhalla is missing certain basic features (mostly quality of life things) which were in the older games. I don't understand the reasoning behind this, except that they simply didn't finish the game. To be clear; this is not me ranting about the game, I love it, but these are things that I personally really miss in Valhalla and I hope they implement it soon. It simply doesn't make sense to not have it. Btw I'm comparing this only to Origins and Oddyssey for obvious reasons.
To name a few things off the top of my head I'd love to see fixed in the game:
- Enemy level scaling (this is horrible, if you do side content, you are severely overlevelled the entire game)
-Mounted combat (both origins and oddyssey had this)
-Sorting/cycling gear in the inventory menu (why in Odin's name is this not included? This is an absolute must when it comes to quality of life improvements, also the previous games had this)
-A bird with a purpose (speaks for itself I guess, the raven has little to no purpose in comparison with Sennu and Ikaros)
Preview gear / cosmetics in shops (it makes absolutely no sense that this is not in the game for a lot of stuff you can buy, I mean.. It's there for horses and ship cosmetics, but not for haircuts and tattoos? Come on Ubisoft..)
Indication that certain loot is locked behind quest / story progression (not sure this was implemented in Origins or Oddyssey, but it was never an issue there honestly)
Transmogging (let players look the way they want without sacrificing stats, it was in Oddyssey for sure)
That's just off the top of my head.. Feel free to share your opinions on this and add to the list if anything comes to mind.
A little clarification on the bird, because I see a lot of people commenting on this. By saying a bird with a purpose, I did not necessarily mean that it needs to be able to tag enemies. Other purposes would be nice; like being able to see fish for example. Also; someone pointed out to me yesterday that I should try playing without the compass. I've been doing that and I'm really loving it. The bird has a purpose now for sure.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is an amazing game.
- For the first time, my patience has ruined a series for me.
- MEGATHREAD: Valhalla and Odyssey comparisons [Valhalla and Odyssey story spoilers not allowed]
More about Assassin's CreedPost: "Valhalla is missing basic features that were in Origins and Odyssey" specifically for the game Assassin's Creed. Other useful information about this game:
- Hood infiltration, crowds & drunkards aren’t bad in RPG. They only need rework. Here is my solution.
- Why does the series become so disjointed after Unity?
- AC: Valhalla seems to be receiving a lot of mixed reactions, what are some things you’re all enjoying about the newest entry in the franchise?
- Analysis of Valhalla’s Isu story
- Post endgame questions and doubts
- A simple programming mistake could be an explanation for the “lifeless” cities criticism in AC: Odyssey.
- The Great Cent Triangle Puzzle
- Major BUG in AC Odyssey reason for “lifeless” game criticism: Simple FIX
- 45 hours in, “finished” 3.5 areas and I think I need a break from Valhalla. My top issues and gripes with the game so far, even though I still think it’s a good game [minor (marked) side content spoilers]
- I really REALLY hate the look of the armor and weapons in this game
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.