Content of the article: "Valhalla: The Good and the less good after almost 60 hrs (No spoiler)"
So, I thought i would make a small post talking about what I am liking and liking less so far into my journey into Valhalla. I am 60 hrs in, 36% completion, and playing on Ultra on Pc.
-The Characters: I really am liking the characters i come across, i even bother learning their names this time! They feel more unique and with more personality than in Odyssey, even though I'd like some of them to be explored a little more. I also really like Eivor, their personality and style is great, I am growing fond of them, almost like Bayek.
-Story: I am also enjoying the story so far, I can see Darby's hand in it. It makes me want to go further on to see what happens, who I'll meet, how a relationship develop, it's great! I sometimes wish some aspects were a little more clear and developed, a sort of work up to a reveal or something, rather then it being pretty sudden.
-The world: This is probably my favorite thing about this game, the world is simply gorgeous. It feels like walking into a 19th century painting of roman ruins and fields, it's a pleasure to explore and walk around, and it is much more enjoyable if taken slowly, then you can truly appreciate the small things, the lighting, the structures and so forth.
-The settlement: Please Ubi, let us have a sort of settlement in every AC game. I always miss it when we do not have a place to call home. Ravensthorpe is very well made and a pleasure to build, walk around a just live it.
Combat: I actually like the combat system. Can be improved, but i find it really satisfying and gorey enough. I wish the camera was closer, but i still have a blast.
Animations and models: I like the models of the main cast of characters, not the best but decent enough. I usually like animations in general too but there is something off in many of them, they could be way smoother, it is almost like some small "connecting" animations are missing between one action and the other. I know it's a huge rpg and open world game, but i feel that a huge company like Ubi could have and invest more in this department, that is very central to the game.
Variety of gear: OK so, I like the unique weapons and armors, a lot! But there could be more than what we have, I don't need Odyssey's amount, but a few more sets, more "grounded" ones, would be appreciated, a lot of the current ones, when upgraded, become worse (and please, we are not, most of us, kids playing an Fps that needs everything to be GOLD, it doesn't look that good, and shouldn't be present in basically every gear set.) Plus, yeah we need one handed swords
Some QOL improvements: We need some sorting options in the inventory, transmog and so forth.
Bonus: Thanks for letting me light braziers in Valhalla too it's somehow satisfying af
- Assassins creed Valhalla is a great game.
- Could we see the perfect open world RPG this decade?
- What’s been you best impulse buy in the last month? (My thoughts on AC:Odyssey)
More about Assassin's CreedPost: "Valhalla: The Good and the less good after almost 60 hrs (No spoiler)" specifically for the game Assassin's Creed. Other useful information about this game:
- ACV Is An Amazing Game IF You Want It To Be
- Do others feel the writing/quest design quality in Valhalla is really inconsistent? (Huge spoilers ahead)
- After not playing an AC game since Revelations, Valhalla has reinvigorated my love for the series enough to start playing the entire series.
- I just finished Assassins Creed Unity for the first time and here are some of my thoughts (with spoilers )
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – every Ending explained. Spoiler warning!!!
- Clarified: Faravid or Halfdan
- Valhalla should have been set in a different time (930-950s rather than 860s)
- How well does Valhalla follow AC’s core commandments and rules?
- About the whole “AC Persia is inevitable”
- Valhalla is the perfect example of death by 1000 cuts.
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.