Content of the article: "What a waste of potential story"
With everything that happens to the Odyssey avatar, the one thing thing I found useless was the microcosm death of one particular character. I stopped at the point I had heard the little person is offed and killed every cultist I could, checking back after each kill, sadly, the story is fixed, as is the bad writing.
There are plenty of reasons and things that happened to already force the hand and give anger to the character (in a story related sense) But the microcosm of the incredibly useless death of that little someone was simply wasted writing and potential story in future AC's. I Know what the writers intent was and the tiny side clip in the underworld, still, a useless microcosm in this entire adventure and a really lazy attempt at trying to get some rise out of the gamer.
That typed, there is really no reason to remain in character so I now kill everything and everyone as the writers intended, I even try to kill the npcs when I can as the point is moot now. Not because I am mad or sad, simply because the story is simply wasted for me now, the immersion is gone. I dislike lazy writing, the game was doing great up until then. Like drinking sour lemonade, you simply do not want anymore.
If I were writing, I would at least write the story in that death point to have meaning, that is throughout this long game, the choices the gamer makes would lead to saving the little someone in the nick of time or planning elaborate traps knowing they were making more attempts…sending them messages and upping the tension…as long as you paid attention and got to them in time instead of ignoring clues and running off and adventuring and leaving them to be hunted down due to the players neglect, but the writers did not even give us that.
Truly wasted epic potential there.
Just my two cents.
- Please Stop Making a Fuss about Geralt
- Voiced Protagonists do NOT take away from creating a personal character!
- How Jedi Fallen Order wasted all of its narrative potential in the intro of the game.
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about Assassin's CreedPost: "What a waste of potential story" specifically for the game Assassin's Creed. Other useful information about this game:
- (SPOILER) AC Valhalla theory: the nine Isu cultures
- What Persian setting is inevitable?
- Assassin’s Creed and Other Works of Historical Fiction
- A discussion about how big can Assassin’s Creed get as a franchise, it’s potential, uniqueness and where ubisoft might have gone wrong with the recent entries.
- I do not think that the length of Valhalla is a detriment and I did not find the regions’ stories boring
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.