Content of the article: "Player Counts for every Battlefield game!"
So for the last few months and with the anticipation that the community has for the new Battlefield, i see more and more questions if the X Battlefield title worth getting it/if its populated etc. So, i decided to make a post about every Battlefield's game population. My first Bf game was Bad Company 2 and for the last few months, i created a Bf Youtube Channel so i am playing regularly every modern Battlefield game on PC (yeap Hardline included). Take into consideration, that i play on PC/Europe and usually on peak hours.
Bad Company 2 (Community Servers only):
- Conquest: You can find multiple servers with all maps on rotation and even some servers with specific servers (Harvest Day, Arica Harbor, Heavy Metal are the most common).
- Rush: Rush is populated also. You can find easily servers with all maps on rotation and also there are some servers with specific maps (like Valparaiso) available.
- Squad Deathmatch: For the most part, you can find 2-4 servers. Isla Inocentes is by far the most popular map, also there is an Arica Harbor Hardcore only server. As for the other maps, it's near impossible to play.
- Squad Rush: For the most part it's impossible to find a populated server for Squad Rush.
Bad Company 2 Vietnam (Community Servers only):
- Conquest: You can find 1-2 populated servers.
- Rush: At best 1 server active.
- Squad Deathmatch: At best 1 server active.
*** In both BC2 and BC2 Vietnam there are lots of modded servers. That means that they have different "rules" like infinite ammo, infinite medpacks, More XP awarded etc.
Battlefield 3 (Community Servers only):
- Conquest: Lots of servers with all vanilla maps on rotation. As for dlc maps, there are 1-2 fully populated servers with all dlc maps.
- TDM: Most TDM servers are Noshahr Canals only. You can also find a few servers with other maps on rotation (Vanilla/Infantry maps).
- Rush: Rush is active. You can find specific maps only (like Damavand Peak only servers) and servers with all infantry maps on rotation (Vanilla).
- Premium maps/modes: Except Conquest servers, it's difficult to find Premium servers with other game modes consistently. Some maps/modes combos are easier to find (There is an active Ziba Tower/Gunmaster server for example), but your best bet is to join mix servers. From the other modes Domination and CTF are relatively active.
- Extinct game modes: Tank Superiority and Squad Rush.
Battlefield 4 (Community Servers only):
- Conquest: Lots of servers with all maps on rotation. Decent amount of servers with dlc maps. Also servers with one map only on rotation (like Shanghai, Golmud, Locker, Silk Road etc).
- TDM: Lots of servers with vanilla maps. As for dlc maps, there is an 24/7 Silk Road server.
- Rush: You can find some Rush with vanilla maps on rotation and a couple servers with dlc maps on rotation. Most servers are 64 players Rush which isn't a very fun experience for me personally.
- Mixed Servers: There are a couple servers that run multiple modes (like CTF/Obliteration/Rush/Domination/Carrier Assault) on rotation.
- Gun master: Surprisingly there are multiple servers for this game mode.
- Premium maps/modes: Other than mixed servers you can find servers with specific modes on rotation (like Chainlink, Air Superiority).
- Extinct game modes: Defuse.
Battlefield Hardline (Community Servers only):
- The least populated Bf game by far. You can find 1-2 populated Conquest Vanilla servers (64 players) that from time to time have other modes on rotation (like TDM and Blood Money). Also there are active 1-2 servers with smaller game modes (Rescue, Squad Heist, Crosshair) that include dlc maps also.
- Extinct game modes: Hotwire and Heist.
Battlefield 1 (Official and Community servers):
- Conquest: Fully populated with vanilla+mixed servers.
- Operations: Lots of servers active. Although the Vanilla maps Ops are easier to find.
- TDM: Populated with vanilla+mixed servers active.
- Rush/Domination: Your best bet is to find 1-2 Community servers active for these modes.
- Frontlines: 1-3 active servers.
- Shock Ops: 1-3 active servers.
- War Pigeons: You can find a server from time to time.
- Hardcore servers: Official Hardcore servers are always empty. Your best option is to find Community servers.
- Extinct game modes: Supply Drop, Back to Basics, Air Assault.
*** Official Mixed Servers have all maps on rotation (vanilla and premium).
Battlefield 5 (Official and Community Servers):
- Conquest: Lots of servers (both Tactical and Strategic playlists).
- Breakthrough: Lots of servers active.
- TDM: The 3rd most active game mode, multiple TDM servers active.
- Grand Ops: 1-3 servers active.
- Outpost: 1-2 servers active.
- Community servers: There are a dozen community servers available. Most of them have Hardcore rules. Also you can find Operation Underground only servers, Squad Conquest servers and maybe 1-2 servers with 32 player game modes (Rush/Frontlines/Domination).
- Firestorm: Good question! A haven't played Firestorm in a while, a few months ago, it had long queue times and the round started with 20-40 players so i don't think that it's very populated.
If i would rank the Bf games based on player counts:
*** Bf5, Bf1, Bf4 are populated and you can easily find LOTS of servers active. Again my estimations are for PC/Europe. For other Regions and Consoles i don't know.
*** Anyone who has questions/feedback feel free to write them in the comments!
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about Battlefield 5Post: "Player Counts for every Battlefield game!" specifically for the game Battlefield 5. Other useful information about this game:
- Would a skill system (like in Tarkov) work in a game like battlefield 6?
- Part 2 of Attention to Detail in BFV’s planes
- Here’s my guide on how to win more breakthrough games. Nothing special, but I feel like not enough players utilise equipment in this game mode, here’s my tips…
- Dice Please
- Visibility of enemy soldiers in Future BFs
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.