Content of the article: "CHANGES TO “WEDGES”. MASS TESTING"
Hello there, Wasteland survivors!
As we noted earlier, in parallel with other tasks, we continue to make changes to “wedges”. Today it is time to test their updated version, which took into account a number of your wishes and suggestions.
We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all. You can study all the planned changes in detail on the special test server!
Let's note the basic principles of the updated mechanics and important changes:
- Now, when raising an enemy vehicle, its mass is taken into account as part of the mass of your vehicle.
- If the total mass of two cars exceeds the tonnage of the “wedge”, its acceleration is greatly reduced. BUT, unlike the first test, the acceleration of vehicles whose weight limit was close to the maximum will decrease gradually. Previously, the acceleration of such vehicles fell sharply even from the lightest hit car.
- The weight that is added to the weight of the “wedge” depends on whether the enemy has contact with the ground.
- Now the influence of cars with hovers on “wedges” will depend on the share of hovers among all chassis mounted on the car. For example: if a car has 4 hovers and 1 wheel, then only 1/5 of the weight will affect the “wedge”. If only hovers are installed on the car, the weight of such craft will not affect the “wedge” in any way.
- Now, compared to the first test, additional weight is added when the “wedge” contacts the enemy's mechanical legs (previously, only the contact with the frame of the car on legs was taken into account).
- Now the sound of the engine changes under the influence of additional load.
We would like to note that we do not abandon the mechanics of dealing damage to the chassis. But it requires additional improvements related to build mode features. It is planned that it will be implemented and added later.
How to get to the test server?
If you have ever participated in testing features on a special server, then just start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.
- Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
- Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you are logged into the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
- Start the Launcher and install the game into the folder you created (for example D:Public testCrossout).
- After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and log into the game with your username and password.
- The progress of your main account will be transferred to the test server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation with factions).
- After logging into the server, to transfer progress from your account, press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
- Please note the schedule of the test server:
- Friday, September 11, 2020 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT)
- Saturday, September 12, 2020 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT)
- Sunday, September 13, 2020 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT)
- Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).
After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework in THIS THREAD (it will open a bit later after the launch of the test server).
You can report all issues found on the test server here.
The public test server is intended only for testing of the upcoming update, and may not accommodate all players without exception. However, absolutely anyone can join the server, as long as there are free spots.
- What awaits us in the upcoming AMUSEMENT PARE update?
- Great, we got another pack exclusive cabin for the price of a triple a title for a broken brawl. Please fix your main game instead.
- Amateur tournament round-up for week 38
© Post "CHANGES TO “WEDGES”. MASS TESTING" for game Crossout.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!