Content of the article: "Cyberpunk 2077 Interactive Map Update v2.0 Live"
Thanks to everyone who has provided feedback on the Cyberpunk 2077 Interactive Map and a shoutout to the Cyberpunk 2077 Reddit community for chipping in. This latest update covers a few issues which should make life easier for map users and we now have an all-new map based on what appears to be the final in-game map.
Last week I started working on all the suggestions and implementing bug fixes. Then, during Night City Wire we finally got a better look at the final in-game map which meant finishing up the fixes and cracking on with v2.0 of the interactive map. Below I have detailed what's changed on the new map and below that all the fixes.
New Map Layout
- Updated road/ building layout to reflect in-game changes.
- Changed map to reflect game styling.
- Orbital Station left on map but opacity reduced as it's now not connected to the city. I am leaving it there because we do see it in the videos but it appears it is now not connected. Plus, it may appear as DLC at some point so it's worth leaving and it's an important part of the Night City lore.
I want to point out that until the game is released and we get more than a glimpse of the map with closer zoom, it's incredibly hard to get all the road junctions/layout. This is especially tricky where roads pass through buildings.
I have thought hard about this, and there are two ways to show roads passing through buildings. One way would be to change opacity on where roads pass through. The other is to show the building but split in two so you can see the complete road path. Both have benefits because ultimately we all want to know how to get around. This also applies to roads passing under roads which again will be difficult to get 100% correct until we see the full map with height changes.
Also, some of the smaller roads may not be visible from the videos due to the angles in the video. Roads may be tucked behind larger structures so some have been removed where it's obvious they have been removed.
Placing buildings accurately right now is not really possible because of the image quality of the maps shown. However, I have done my best to remove/add buildings where possible at the moment. These will be tweaked when we see a decent hi-res map that can be rotated and height can be changed.
- Removed chat window to show by default to help mobile users. This can be toggled by clicking the chat icon in the top right.
- The map now scales correctly for mobiles when viewed in portrait mode.
- Map now positioned better at the center of a mobile device screen.
- Map lists now display correctly when selected in mobile.
- Users are now able to switch between List View and Map View on mobiles.
- New filters button for mobile users to select filters and improve usability..
- A few typos sorted from data entry input (thanks Virtenax).
These tweaks should make life easier when viewing on a smaller screen.
This work so far has taken a few days to complete on the road changes alone. Attempting to get the scale right as well as angles has been a challenge without messing up all the object markers. Annoyingly there was no way to work around some of the changes so some markers had to be repositioned on the map. Keep the feedback coming and I'll crack on with further updates should they be needed in the days ahead. The plan is to get the map layout as complete as possible before release.
The updated map is now available here…
- I just finished On The Edge a few hours ago, is it only me or it’s kinda weak compared to the rest of the content?
- Unfinished Business (Can we get confirmation these are/aren’t being worked on?)
- On the Edge Survivor Mode Tips
© Post "Cyberpunk 2077 Interactive Map Update v2.0 Live" for game Cyberpunk 2077.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!