Content of the article: "Opinion: This game may have launched poorly, but if you’re belittling people for enjoying the game, you’re the a$$hat too"
Anytime that there is a post from a person enjoying this game, I can expect to find in the top comments 1 of 3 things
A) Someone reminding us of what we already know regarding the bad launch and how we should be upset at CDProjectRed similar to that Onion article about the guy that gets a rush by reminding people about John Lennon.
B) “the glitches aren’t even the worst of it!” Style of comment
C) outright questioning of OPs experience with games or standards
Cyberpunk did have a bad launch. Yes. CDProjectRed did screw up and deceive people. Yes. That being said, it’s also a game that is plenty enjoyable if you’re like me and have been looking for a new open world cyberpunk/sci-fi game to get behind. Don’t get me wrong, there are games that have the same features by and large as Cyberpunk like GTA or RDR2 and they deserve to be lauded for the quality games that they are, but i don’t want to play those games. So yeah this game is imperfect by far and I hope that they do a good job fixing it. It’s also still a fun game depending on what you’re looking for
To flip the popular narrative, I think that the people who did find themselves hoodwinked by CDPROJECTRED are the real fools. Getting upset over misleading E3 trailers and dev blogs? Did you somehow skip over Fallout 76, No Man’s Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, Anthem, Destiny etc? Maybe it’s a weird age thing, I dunno, but I don’t follow hype. I follow the type and style of games that I want to play. Some turn out fantastic and some.. don’t (at least not immediately). When I hear about trailers and stuff though, I don’t pay it any mind. I want fresh eyes to the game, I don’t want to be spoiled and I know how companies work
So maybe next time, you see someone post about enjoying the game then just ignore it or be positive. If you have some need to vent your anger over their enjoyment, to belittle their enjoyment, or whatever negativity you choose to inject, then YTA not them.
Yeah, CDPROJECTRED screwed the pooch. That doesn’t mean you have to
- Gaming Media And Why I Think Some People Are Losing Their Passion For Games
- Why I feel Cyberpunk 2077 will be the last, great ambitious AAA game.
- We all know that reviews and opinions of recent games will likely be influenced by hype. If a game doesn’t meet expectations, or if a game does meet them, the score may be higher or lower. But what about retrospectives? Because those can still be affected by factors besides a game’s quality.
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about Cyberpunk 2077Post: "Opinion: This game may have launched poorly, but if you’re belittling people for enjoying the game, you’re the a$$hat too" specifically for the game Cyberpunk 2077. Other useful information about this game:
- It’s only after doing everything you realize there was so little to do.
- This game needs a faction system
- An Edgerunner’s Guide to Ripperdocs
- How Armor translates into Damage Reduction
- Jason Schreier Interviewed about 20 or so former and current CDPR staff to give us a tiny grasp of the rocky development of the game.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.