Content of the article: "r/cyberpunkgame Rules Update"
- 1 A Detailed Breakdown of r/cyberpunkgames Rules
- 2 High Quality Content
- 3 Relevant and Topical Content
- 4 Megathreads
- 5 Appropriate Behaviour
- 6 Appropriately Labelled Content
- 7 No Leaked or Pirated Content
- 8 Humorous Content
- 9 Self Promotion, Surveys, Giveaways
- 10 Accusation, Witch Hunting and Calls to Action
- 11 Miscellaneous
- 12 Similar Guides
With launch right around the corner, the moderating team has made some changes and additions to the subreddit's rules.
First of all, we are simplifying the way that the rules are presented on the subreddit. Rather than detailing every specific point of why we remove comments and posts, (was too much text and frankly, overkill), we have made much more clear and concise descriptions. You can now find on the sidebar or on the subreddit's rules page.
However, if you are still interested in knowing all of the specific reasons that we remove posts and comments, you can see below, or on the detailed rules wiki page.
A Detailed Breakdown of r/cyberpunkgames Rules
All content posted to the subreddit is subject to removal at the moderators’ discretion. If you have any questions or concerns, please send us a modmail.
High Quality Content
Reported as: Rule 1: Low-effort, Unoriginal, Reposts
- Low effort content will be removed at the moderators' discretion.
- Posts that do not make an original point or provide appropriate background information will be removed at the moderators' discretion.
- Repeat topics and reposted news will be removed. Please search before posting.
- Complaining about game topics without an argument may be treated as low-effort.
Posts must make an original point and provide any necessary background information. Search before posting, to prevent making a repost.
Relevant and Topical Content
Reported as: Rule 2: Not related to CDPR’s Cyberpunk Universe
- All posts must be directly related to CDPR's Cyberpunk universe.
- Fan-work is more than welcome, however, generic artwork/music belongs in Cyberpunk
- Rule 34 and other pornographic content is not allowed. However, NSFW content found in Cyberpunk 2077 is permitted.
- Political and religious discussions unrelated to CDPR’s Cyberpunk universe are not permitted.
- Personal stories will be removed at the moderators’ discretion and advised to be reposted on Free Talk Friday
All posts must be directly related to CD Projekt Red’s Cyberpunk universe. Refrain from posting any pornographic content and political or religious discussions.
Reported as: Rule 3: Megathread Content
- Low effort/frequently asked questions should be directed to the FAQ & Simple Questions Thread
- PC-related questions should be directed to the PC Questions Megathread
- Console-related questions should be directed to the Console Questions Megathread
- Release-hype posts should be directed to the Release Hype Megathread
- Screenshots, clips and other low-effort media posts should be directed to the Media Megathread Bugs and other stuff should be directed to the
- Bugs & Glitches Megathread and Official CD Projekt Red Forums
Please see this list of subreddit megathreads and direct related content to its respective megathread.
Reported as: Rule 4: Appropriate Behaviour, Vulgar Content, Harassment
- Follow Reddiquette; be respectful, kind and appropriate in your attitude towards other users.
- Hate-speech, harassment, bullying and malicious trolling of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Vulgar content will be removed at the moderators’ discretion
- Under no circumstances should you post personal information here.
Follow Reddiquette; be respectful, kind and appropriate in your attitude towards other users. Refrain from posting overly-vulgar content and personal information.
Appropriately Labelled Content
Reported as: Rule 5: Spoilers, Misleading, Vague, Sourcing
- Spoilers must be properly marked as according to the subreddit’s spoiler posting guidelines!!
- Any content deemed misleading, misinformative, or clickbait will be removed regardless of the content.
- The title must be descriptive enough so the reader can understand what the content following contains and entails.
- News must be properly sourced and posts will be removed at the moderators’ discretion
- Any submission that uses someone else's work needs to provide a source that credits the creator.
Posts must have a descriptive title and provide sources when necessary. Follow the subreddit’s spoiler posting guidelines when posting.
No Leaked or Pirated Content
Reported as: Rule 6: Leaks, Pirated Content
- Do not link or request pirated or leaked content, regardless of format and without exception.
- Discussions about leaked content are permitted so long as no links to such content are provided, and it is stated clearly that it is a discussion about the leak/pirated content.
- Screenshots of various Cyberpunk external print media are allowed, but don't overdo it.
- We encourage you to support the developer and purchase legally via official CD PROJEKT RED or R.Talsorian channels.
No links to pirated or leaked content may be requested or posted. Please purchase through official CD Projekt Red channels and do not overly share external print media (i.e. entire magazines).
Reported as: Rule 7: Memes, Image Macros, Reaction Images
- All humorous posts must conform to the points in rule 1.
- Image macros and generic reaction media are not allowed, this includes 'inserting' cyberpunk content into meme templates.
- Humorous posts and parodies are permitted on CyberpunkGame if they are high-standard, original and relevant to current meta.
Memes and humorous posts are not allowed unless truly high quality and original; except for on Free Talk Friday, when you are free to post memes! Always feel free to post Cyberpunk 2077 related memes to our sister-subreddit, r/DumDumDidNothingWrong.
Self Promotion, Surveys, Giveaways
Reported as: Rule 8: Excessive Promotion, Unapproved Contest
- Do not excessively promote your own content. Follow reddit's 9:1 rule: for every submission of/on one's own content, a user should strive to make 9 submissions which are not self-promotional.
- If you wish to organize a giveaway, petition, or survey, please seek approval from the moderators first.
Do not excessively promote your own content and follow Reddit’s 9:1 rule. Giveaways, petitions and surveys must be approved by the moderators first.
Accusation, Witch Hunting and Calls to Action
Reported as: Rule 9: Accusation, Witch Hunting and Calls to Action
- Do not encourage others to target or take action towards an individual, a group or organization.
- Calls to action are forbidden.
- A call to inaction is also considered to be a call to action.
- Do not rile up the community to vote for/against something or to boycott/support a person/organization.
- Accusations against a person or organization are allowed only if the accuser has collected sufficient evidence to support the accusation. These submissions need moderator approval beforehand.
- ****Witch hunting moderators in this or other subreddits will result in a ban — EDIT WORDING
Do not encourage others to take action towards, target or vote for/against something, or to boycott/support a person/organization. These posts must be approved by the moderators first.
Reported as: Rule 10: Miscellaneous
- For reasons including handling expectations, suggestion posts and some speculation posts will be removed.
- A post may be removed due to multiple user reports.
- This is a fan-run subreddit and we do not allow posts that are directed at CDPR, whether they are questions or suggestions about the game.
- Some posts will be advised to be reposted on Free Talk Friday
Miscellaneous reasons for a post to be removed include, but are not limited to: Baseless suggestion/speculation, being reported multiple times, or being directed at CD Projekt Red (the subreddit is fan run!)
- Somewhat Significant Subreddit Update: New Ruleset
- Subreddit Moderation Feedback Thread #13: Complaint Posts and Reposts
- This subreddit sucks and needs reforming.
More about Cyberpunk 2077Post: "r/cyberpunkgame Rules Update" specifically for the game Cyberpunk 2077. Other useful information about this game:
- Next week
- Cyberpunk 2077 setting overview
- Reasons why Cyberpunk 2077 is going to surpass the hype.
- with just less than ten days left, i’ve composed a list of cyberpunk movies and books you can enjoy to pass the time~
- Alanah Pearce’s Interview with Journalists who played the 16 hour media preview
- Attributes and Perks in Cyberpunk 2077
- Cyberpunk Movie Countdown to Release: Day 11 – Ghost in the Shell (1995)
- Cyberpunk 2077 release/game info and common answers
- IGN review of Cyberpunk 2077 be like:
- See you in Night City.
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.