I am beyond hyped for Cyberpunk, it's preloaded from GOG, just teasing me with that play button that works.
Regardless if you are a die hard fan or not, the way that reviews have been handled by the media is misguided, and the way that CD Projekt Red handled it is downright deceitful.
- PC reviewers were not allowed to use their own footage
- Tom's Hardware was asked to have their benchmarks removed due to poorly implemented DRM
- No console copies were sent out for review
In the latest trailer
, the trailer
, and even trailers
. They all end with the same thing, "Pre-Order".
They are actively marketing and asking for you to pre-order. Regardless of Day 0/1/2/3 patches, they are asking you to pre-order something that comes as a physical item for most people getting it.
When Cyberpunk 2077 went gold, then they should have had the game in a state that it would be sent to reviewers. Instead from leaked footage like this on the Xbox One S. mirror mirror mirror (Lots of mirrors I am expecting this all to get DCMAed).
We can see that the game was not ready to ship, at all, period.
Things need to change, this is one of the most hyped games I have ever seen, but I feel so many people on the PS4 and Xbox One are just being lied to and are set for disappointment. Some probably will be so disappointed that they will be in disbelief and think something else is wrong.
Things need to change, even if it is an industry wide gentlemen's agreement.
- Reviews should be made from the gold standard
- Publishers should get the review copy a month before release
- Every launch platform should have review copies distributed
In addition to that, gaming media should,
- Not publish a review of a game they have not had adequate time to review and give it a score
- Reviews should not take into account patches coming in the future
It's just insane the amount of hype this game has with it's troubled development of being delayed three times, people working six day work weeks since September (with the game being delayed again during that period), reports of people looking physically ill making a video game. And for all that work, the videos above are what shipped on that disc.
Feel free to brigade, doxx, and downvote, but I've said my piece and this game's success or failure is made with lies and blood. Fitting for the world it portrays.
- CDPR absolutely need to be called out for the misleading marketing and review manipulation.
- Dear 343: Don’t be afraid of delaying Infinite
- Don’t be worried about the delays of the game.
More about Cyberpunk 2077Post: "The way that Cyberpunk 2077 development and reviews have been handled signals that the mainstream gaming media needs to change their approach to reviewing games and game development needs to change" specifically for the game Cyberpunk 2077. Other useful information about this game:
- Cyberpunk was the first game I ever pre-ordered. Every time I open the game now, I lose more hope.
- Review from a player that enjoyed the game.
- My prediction to 1.3
- I’ve been exploring cyberpunk’s cut NCART (train) system since December 2020 with noclip, here’s what I’ve found
- [Devil Ending] The Devil Ending’s contradictions and hints at cut content/DLC
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.