Content of the article: "An argument against the removal of SBMM. Tonight I played 25 games with my clan as a 6 person fireteam, we won all 25 games and this doesn’t make sense as we look further at the data."
This post aims to discuss the removal of SBMM from the data of my games tonight with my clan of 6 playing all night. I will be referencing the scores from destinytracker and mainly the win %. So let's dive into it:
- Won 125 to 68 (68% to win)
- Won 79 to 25 (87% to win)
- Won 79 to 13 (93% to win)
- Won 81 to 30 (92% to win)
- Won 79 to 15 (82% to win)
- Won 77 to 12 (96% to win)
- Won 82 to 7 (98% to win)
- Won 79 to 23 (91% to win)
- Won 77 to 25 (90% to win)
- Won 79 to 28 (88% to win)
- Won 85 to 12 (99% to win)
- Won 78 to 8 (97% to win)
- Won 82 to 25 (93% to win)
- Won 87 to 15 (96% to win)
- Won 79 to 13 (98% to win)
- Won 79 to 29 (98% to win)
- Won 77 to 9 (97% to win)
- Won 84 to 13 (98% to win)
- Won 79 to 10 (94% to win)
- Won 76 to 10 (97% to win)
- Won 81 to 19 (96% to win)
- Won 86 to 23 (98% to win)
- Won 125 to 58 (95% to win)
- Won 81 to 28 (94% to win)
- Won 126 to 87 (97% to win)
I am skeptic about the matchmaking mechanic, not once did we have a probability greater than 32% to lose (first game) and less after that first game. It is inconceivable for matchmaking to give us games with such high probability of winning over a span of 25 games. Yes we won those games, good for us BUT we didn't enjoy most of those as it was the same boring thing happening each game.
Even more baffling on those 25 games only once did we match against another 6 person team, once against a 5, 2 against a 4 and a few times against teams of 3 and 2. The bulk of the games were against solo players with sometimes a team in there.
I understand that it could be difficult to make only teams play against each others as sometimes there might not be enough in the players pool but at least with SBMM you could have one amazing players tip the scales a little bit. We were fortunate to win as many games but the time we played felt almost unrewarding considering we didn't feel much opposition, not once did we experience the thrill of fighting in close games or coming back from behind to win.
In conclusion, I hope Bungie correct the mistake of removing SBMM and introduce future mechanic (that could be the return of SBMM) like freelance IB playlist for people wishing to play solo and another playlist for people wanting to fight solo or in team.
TLDR: Removing SBMM offers premade 6 person fireteam huge advantage while playing IB and there should be mechanics to offer solo more of a chance against full teams.
- Do 5 Stacks Have an Advantage – The Stats Revealed
- Let me tell you, why you really hate stacks!
- Should we remove SBMM outside of Destiny as well?
© Post "An argument against the removal of SBMM. Tonight I played 25 games with my clan as a 6 person fireteam, we won all 25 games and this doesn’t make sense as we look further at the data." for game Destiny.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!