I think most people will agree that the champion system in it's current state is not super fun to deal with. It's not that the enemies are too hard or anything it's just that it forces us in to certain loadouts and part of the fun of Destiny is choosing what weapons we want use. Maybe it's just me but I'd find it so much more bearable to sit down and grind Nightfall Ordeals if I could switch my gear around and play with whatever weapons I want.
I keep seeing posts from people begging Bungie to continue to make the mods part of armor in the future so they can apply to exotic weapons, but I really think that's the wrong thing to ask for. What I propose is removing the mods entirely and instead make it so primary weapons break barriers, special weapons stun Unstoppable champions and heavy weapons stun Overload champions. I don't think the Champions themselves are a problem and actually would add an enjoyable additional challenge to gameplay if we didn't have to worry about having the right thing equipped.
Now I know some people will immediately think, "What about exotics like Eriana's Vow and Leviathan's Breath that come with Champion mods inherently?"
I say keep them as is! It would just make those niche exotics a little more desirable to use. Imagine Leviathan's Breath during a Nightfall like this week if it could handle both Unstoppable and Overload! Imagine Eriana's Vow breaking barriers and stunning Unstoppable champs! And the best part is that you don't feel forced to use it. It's great incentive to use these weapons but by no means necessary. I think that freedom of what we use is crucial for replayability.
The only downside I could see is that we'd lose the extra benefits from AB rounds being able to shoot through Knight shields and Hobgoblin barriers but honestly, we went four years without that and I think the pros greatly outweigh the cons. I'd love to hear what other people think though!
- I bet whatever designer made it thought they were really cute, but “Defeat 10 champions with stasis in strikes” is not an OK objective to make.
- HOW TO FIGHT ALL GRANDMASTER CHAMPIONS LIKE A PRO IN SEASON OF THE HUNT! (IN-DEPTH GUIDE)
- Season of Arrivals (Season 12) Suggested HERO Nightfall Ordeal Weapons and Mods
More about DestinyPost: "Champions should be a part of gameplay instead of a part of our loadout" specifically for the game Destiny. Other useful information about this game:
- I wish we’d get new weapon animations more frequently
- Daily Reset Thread [2021-06-12]
- When the Cosmodrome was introduced to D2, something always looked off. I took screenshots of similar areas between D1 and D2 to compare to figure out what it was. Somehow, the textures, water, skybox and lighting looked much, much better in D1. (A couple of VoG entrance comparisons as a bonus.)
- Daily Reset Thread [2021-06-11]
- If Bright Engrams had a Knock Out List, A New Player Would Need to Rank Up 4,145 Times to Earn Everything in the Season 14 Bright Engram.
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.