Content of the article: "I bet whatever designer made it thought they were really cute, but “Defeat 10 champions with stasis in strikes” is not an OK objective to make."
If you took one of the other paths, Crucible or Gambit, for this week's stasis aspect quests, you may ask "Well why not?"
Well let me tell ya
You're competing with teammates for these kills, fireteam kills on champions don't count even if they're with stasis. Or at least they didn't in my experience. Your teammates become your worst enemy trying to accomplish this task. You turn your back for one second? Teammate stole your champion kill. You're down? Champion is long gone by the time you're revived. Pop your super to kill a champion? a golden gun bolt from the fucking blue takes it out while you're still in the animation.
You need to be on the second tier of nightfalls to get any champions to spawn, that's the only place that you can "kill champions in strikes"
The objective is far too strict about the stasis damage being what finishes off the enemy, I was using my super to punch an overload champion to death and it didn't give me a point because a teammate was also shooting at it several times. The best I can do is just use the stasis exotic grenade launcher to shoot champions when they're about to die. I tried using the duskfield grenade to no avail, I feel like if the champion dies within a second of taking stasis damage it's close enough for not-making-the-game-infuriating purposes. If you're unlucky, this objective can fucking ram rod you, I got 5 of the champion kills on one nightfall, which is awful, but livable, the second time, I only got one; and a nightfall takes
Generally speaking, when facing a champion, you need to use the specific rock-paper-scissors anti-champion mod, You know what can't pull ANY kind of anti-champion duty? Stasis!
I couldn't even cheese this awful objective because when I tried to go in solo, which is 1250, I'd stun the champion, try to damage him, and be unable to do anywhere near enough damage before the overload rounds worse off, and champions, being the absolute scum of the earth, heal like nobody's business. Whoever implemented this objective should have to buy me lunch or something.
- Champions should be a part of gameplay instead of a part of our loadout
- Season of Arrivals (Season 12) Suggested HERO Nightfall Ordeal Weapons and Mods
- Celestial Nighthawk’s Golden Gun should totally pierce Barrier Champion Barriers
More about DestinyPost: "I bet whatever designer made it thought they were really cute, but “Defeat 10 champions with stasis in strikes” is not an OK objective to make." specifically for the game Destiny. Other useful information about this game:
- Daily Reset Thread [2020-12-02]
- Evergreen strike specific loot is the perfect way to lessen some the the pain caused by sunsetting
- My Ranking of Destiny’s Expansions
- Light Keepers Game2Give 2020 Fundraising Campaign
- Daily Reset Thread [2020-12-01]
- Weekly Reset Thread [2020-12-01]
- Dungeons & Destiny, a free re-imagining of 5th Edition to fit the Destiny setting, has reached version 1.0
- Daily Reset Thread [2020-11-30]
- We should get a season of the Vanguard and it could be amazing.
- This Week at Not Bungie – 11/30/2020 – AI Learning, Autocomplete-Generated TWAB
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.