Content of the article: "The Definitive, Scientific Rankings of NPC/Vendors (based on neck mobility)"
Abstract: Here I have completed a comprehensive, scientific study of the neck mobility capabilities of each NPC in Destiny 2 (based on their ability to track the player).
Methods: Gain attention of each NPC by standing in front of them and strafing a tiny bit left and right until their head starts tracking me. Move around to measure the maximum neck-turn-angle that the NPC tracks me.
Results: Of 22 NPCs, 8 had no player-tracking neck mobility. This included 2 AI NPCs, one of which has no head, and the other which is purely a head that cannot rotate. Additionally, 1 NPC seemed to ignore the player and focused on peering into the darkness in random directions. The remaining 14 NPCs did track the player, and had neck mobility ranging from 15 degrees to 135 degrees (mean=71.8, stdev=29.8). The Drifter NPC was unique in having multiple axes of neck rotation.
See Table below.
|Rank||NPC||Neck Angle (Tracking Player)||Note||Link|
|N/A||Ikora||°||Head does not track player.||http://i.imgur.com/qNy93dQ.jpg|
|N/A||Elsie||°||Head does not track player.||https://i.imgur.com/gXQG4cC.jpg|
|N/A||Variks||°||Head does not track player.||https://i.imgur.com/T5uM18P.jpg|
|N/A||Clovis||°||Head does not track player.||https://i.imgur.com/DUpWgIS.jpg|
|N/A||Petra||°||Head does not track player.||https://i.imgur.com/Z1aQ1uG.jpg|
|N/A||Holliday||°||Holliday head is rotated, but does not track player.||https://i.imgur.com/6Qrf2FB.jpg|
|N/A||Eris||°||Peers randomly into the darkness.||https://i.imgur.com/PV3CCgY.jpg|
|1 (Grand Prize)||Drifter||135°||Multiple axes of neck rotation.||https://i.imgur.com/ENyTd3l.jpg|
- What IO (and other planets were are losing) make look like after the Darkness’ Terraforming
- I’m working on a mod that humanize deformed vanilla NPCs and your feedback are welcome!
- Most radioactive places in Fallout 4
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about DestinyPost: "The Definitive, Scientific Rankings of NPC/Vendors (based on neck mobility)" specifically for the game Destiny. Other useful information about this game:
- Hawthorne has been talking more lately.
- My first draft of the Warlock Corruption/Corrosion Subclass. I’ve yet to assign damage values, ranges, and durations to a lot of the abilities, but any input would be great!
- Daily Reset Thread [2021-01-26]
- Weekly Reset Thread [2021-01-26]
- I wrote down my drops after redeeming 26400 Crucible Tokens (1320 Packages) Here are some diagrams and stats
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.