Content of the article: "The Thorn QUEST is being sunset, here’s everything you need to know about the gun. Why it’s an iconic exotic, how to get it and how much resilience really is needed to survive 2 headshots + 1 bodyshot!"
Hello, guardians! Concidering the Thorn quest is getting sunset and that a lot of new players will want to get it
As always here's the text version as well:
- Mark of the Devourer grants ammo back and increased Damage over time effect.
- High aim assist for a hand cannon with a effective range of 28 meters.
- Recoil pattern goes vertical with a slight tilt towards the right. Counter by moving the aim down and to the left.
- Deals 2547 (pve) and 68 (pvp) Headshot damage. Deals 1590 (pve) and 47 (pvp) bodyshot damage.
- Anything below 6 resilience will not survive 2 headshots + 1 bodyshot.
- Less than 1 resilience won't survive 2 headshots.
- Damage over time deals 303 (pve) and 2 (pvp) damage. Mark of the Devourer buffs this to 909 (pve) and 7 (pvp) damage.
- Mark of the Devourer ticks 4 times per application.
- Start the quest by going into the salt mines, interact with the transmat device next to the broken down elevator, go up the road and to the left alongside the cliff, interact with burnt out fireplace for starting quest.
Thorn, a weapon built only to take the life of a guardian, is as you might have guessed, really strong in PvP. The gun doesn’t even fire bullets. No. It fires giant thorns that rend your target upon hit, damaging them over time and increasing the time it takes before they will start to recover. This is thanks to its exotic perk "Mark of the Devourer" which upon killing an enemy will create a magnetic green orb at the enemy position that moves towards you, this orb can be picked up for ammo added to the magazine from the reserve. As well as for increased lingering effect damage.
The gun itself also has a damage drop off range at about roughly 28 meters. So keep that in mind for the optimal time to kill.
Thorn also has super high aim assist (85/100), that is how much the bullets tend to magnetise towards the target, the higher the aim assist, the more area a shot has in terms of landing a hit.
While on the topic of landing shots, let's talk about recoil, Thorn tends to bounce upwards with a slight tilt to the right, so readjusting sights are fairly easy to learn, just keep dragging your mouse down a tiny bit and a very little bit to the left after each shot, or down and left on the right analog stick if you’re playing with a controller.
As for damage, a headshot in pve deals 2547 damage towards major targets while body shots deal 1590 damage. The lingering effect deals 303 damage up until you get a kill and consume the soul that is dropped, this boosts your tick damage to 909 damage per tick. So you definitely want to aim for the head and keep a look out for the orbs dropped upon death.
In pvp thorn deals 43 damage to the body and 68 damage to the head, the lingering effect will deal either 2 damage or 7 damage, again, depending on if you have the buff Soul Devourer from picking up a green orb or not.
This means that any guardian with less than tier 6 resilience will not survive 2 headshots and 1 body shot. However if you have a mark of the devourer buff active then 1 headshot and 2 bodyshots will do just as fine thanks to the increased damage over time effect. That’s insane. If you somehow manage to get less than 1 resilience, you even die from just two taps to the head. Just a fun fact.
Finally the Thorn is a bit different in terms of how you get it. It starts with a quest that you can find by heading to the salt mines in the EDZ, using the transmat beacon by the elevator, and going over to a secret campfire next to the cliffs, inspecting the fireplace will grant you the first step towards the thorn exotic weapon.
Hope this helps you out with the gun. See you out in the wild!
- Headseeker damage is inconsistent on Aggressive Frame Pulse Rifles.
- There are currently quite a few archetypes of primary weapons that need a buff in crucible. Here’s a breakdown of the numbers and why.
- All I see anymore is Head eyes, Head Ears, Head Jaws. Whether it’s me giving it or receiving it. Fights are instantaneous
© Post "The Thorn QUEST is being sunset, here’s everything you need to know about the gun. Why it’s an iconic exotic, how to get it and how much resilience really is needed to survive 2 headshots + 1 bodyshot!" for game Destiny.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!