This week at Bungie, we celebrate Festival of the Lost 2021.
It’s officially the spookiest time of year and we have begun our celebration of fright-filled fun with our annual celebration and remembrance of those we've lost. This year we kicked things off with a rawr.
Yeah, #TeamDino is the hottest costume this year, but that’s not all we’ve got up our sleeves. If you're up for a scary fun activity, check out the new Haunted Sectors playlist. There are spooky stories, exploding pumpkin heads, and loot galore. Don’t forget about getting lots and lots of candy now that you have extra-long sweet tooths… teeth? Go check out our Festival of the Lost page for more details.
If you haven’t got to join in on the festivities yet, there are a ton of treats waiting on you! Eva Levante is in the Tower with bounties, a quest, and some silly masks.
Finishing the opening quest will reward you with the Jurassic Green Pulse Rifle.
Fans of Lincoln Green are going to want to grab this Pulse Rifle. We’ve been hearing good things about it from the community so far. The Jurassic Green also rolls with Tunnel Vision and Dragonfly, or Killing Wind and Multi-Killclip. If you want to pack a little more punch when mowing down your foes in the Crucible, keep an eye out for High-Cal rounds. You have the next three weeks to find the roll you want, and maybe even pick up a few Horror Story or Braytech Werewolf Auto Rifles along the way. 450 RPM Auto Rifles have had a buff since the last time you could get your hands on these, so there’s no better time to snag one. One more thing, if you get a good roll with Adrenaline Junkie, you may want to hang on to it— we have a relevant change coming up in a few months. More details on that in the future.
We have a few slick cosmetic rewards for you to earn as well. Completing Festival of the Lost Triumphs will net you the new Headless Hues Shader, the Beheaded Home Emblem, and the Headless Horsepower Exotic Sparrow. It may be covered in cobwebs, but it still runs fine!
Oh, and did we mention the Tower is looking as terrifying as ever? There are decorations galore and a creepy accompanying soundtrack to feast your eyes and ears on.
Upping the difficulty
As many have you have already discovered, there is a new difficult option for Shattered Realm. You can pump up the power level requirements and tackle some truly worthy foes. It can get pretty frightening in there, so maybe bring some friends with you. The chests are dropping high-stat gear so it's certainly worth your while.
Next week, our six-player activity is also getting a new difficulty. Astral Alignment is about to become a little more spicy. The recommended power is 1320 and there are going to be additional modifiers each day to keep things interesting. Loadouts are locked so pick your weapons wisely. Also failing to complete or wiping as a team sends you back to orbit so like… don’t die.
Legendary Astral Alignment Modifiers
Weekly Taken rotating modifiers
- Denial (Taken Vandals summon their shields significantly more often).
- Epitaph (Taken combatants generate blight geysers when defeated).
- Empath (Enhanced radar, take increased damage from melee).
- Champions: Overload and Unstoppable
- Equipment Locked
- Match Game
So, what do you get for overcoming these extra challenges besides bragging rights? There will be an extra bonus chest waiting for you at the end. That is three total for everyone keeping score at home. And if you haven’t secured the Catalyst for Ager’s Scepter yet, these extra chests are more likely to hold one.
Lost and Found
Earlier this week, we released Update 3.3.1 that included Festival of the Lost and a laundry list of additional changes to the game. We missed a few changes in the patch notes and wanted to set the record straight here.
Fixed an issue with Hawkmoon's Paracausal Shot not getting bonus damage.
- Note that the temporary fix for this means that you will once again lose the buff if you pull out your Ghost on the final round. This will be fixed in a future update.
Fixed an issue where the Firing Line perk was not giving the intended 20% damage buff.
Fixed an issue with the new Monte Carlo ornament Western Front causing the weapon to have increased recoil.
Fixed the Eriana's Vow ornament Bound by Oath so that it shows the First Glance perk status correctly.
- Igniting Touch
- Fixed an issue where all Igniting Touch detonations counted as melee damage.
- Igniting Touch
Sorry for the mix-up, we will try to make sure notes don’t fall through the cracks next time.
Spider Sparrow My Beloved
Now we pass the mic over to Player Support for a quick update on known issues.
This is their report.
CROSS SAVE CONTACT FORM DEPRECATION
As of October 13, the Cross Save contact form has been deprecated and will no longer be accepting new tickets. We have updated our Cross Save Guide with more information and troubleshooting steps to help players get started with Cross Save, and we encourage players to take a look prior to setting up Cross Save to their accounts for the first time.
XBOX AND BLOCKED PLAYERS
When Update 3.3.1 was released, some Xbox players may have noticed an increase in the number of blocked players that were appearing for them in their Roster listings. This is a result of a fix we implemented in this release that wasn’t previously respecting Xbox privacy settings for Cross Play.
Xbox players who are seeing an increase of blocked players who wish to remove the block must:
- Navigate to Settings > General
- Online Safety & Family
- Privacy & Online Safety
- Xbox Privacy
- View Details and Customize
- Communication and Multiplayer
- Set "You can join cross-network play" to "Allow"
- Set “You can communicate outside of Xbox with voice & text” to “Everybody”
Additionally, players who want to take advantage of LFG features can change their “Other can communicate with voice, text, or invites” settings.
DESTINY 2 ON MICROSOFT STORE AND XBOX APP FOR PC
Earlier this week, Destiny 2 officially launched on the Microsoft Store and Xbox App for PC. Players can learn more on how to access Destiny 2 from this platform and set up Cross Save for existing characters via our Destiny 2 Microsoft Store and Xbox App for PC Guide.
- Steam players who are receiving “Disk Write” errors will need to manually delete the files *.acf.tmp.save, located in <Steam install folder>steamapps to resolve the issue until we can release a proper fix.
- The eyes on the Skerren Corvus Mask no longer glow.
- The One Punch finisher no longer makes sound when the finisher is executed.
- Completing the Envisioned Ascent Triumph incorrectly checks off Perilous Path on the Trivial Wayfinding Triumph.
- The German name for Heir Apparent is inaccurately translated.
- The Surplus and Overflow perks are translated to the same word in German.
- Year 1 faction, raid, trials, and vendor armor ornaments can only be unlocked through Armor Synthesis via Synthweave Templates and not class-specific Synthweave Bolts.
- Some Hunters have a small fixed object following their character model on the ground.
- Certain image assets for the dinosaur-themed armor sets in Eververse contain minor inaccuracies. The previews for these ornaments are accurate.
- Empire Hunts aren’t granting candy and Spectral Pages upon completion.
- The One-Inch Punch Finisher no longer has sound.
- We’re investigating reports of an issue where players who complete the Book of the Forgotten before finishing Eva’s main quest on their alternate characters can’t complete the quest.
For a full list of emergent issues in Destiny 2, players can review our Known Issues article. Players who observe other issues should report them to our #Help forum.
It’s the time of year for scary movie marathons. We don’t want to scare you though so we will keep our features here monster free and focused on community creations. Let’s see what movies you brewed up this week.
Movie of the Week: Titanic Park
Movie of the Week: Light Return
Congratulations to the winners! If you are a winner, please make sure your Bungie.net profile is linked in the description of the video.
Are you ready for three weeks of the most monstrous, fiendish, spine-chilling community art imaginable? Well, you better be because that’s what we got lined up. Let’s look at our first handful of haunted pieces.
Art of the Week: 🦖
— 🌸 Chocolace @ The Grand Priestess 🌸 (@cchocolace) October 12, 2021
Art of the Week: Festivities
View this post on Instagram
Let’s all pause to give a round of applause to our winners. Seriously clap your hands—don’t make it weird—they work hard on this stuff. If you see your art here, give yourself a pat on the back. Then, make sure you reply to the post with a link to your Bungie.net profile so we can send your emblem out.
Not going to lie, this is one of my favorite times of the year. Crisp autumn air mixed with scary decorations and an excuse to binge candy is a recipe for a good time. I love the spookiness and have had a blast in game this week exploring the creepy Lost Sectors and throwing some pumpkin bombs at the Headless Ones. They’re filled with loot!
- None Found
More about DestinyPost: "This Week At Bungie 10/14/2021" specifically for the game Destiny. Other useful information about this game:
- If Bungie is going to move forward with this new dungeon price strategy, AND continues to double dip with paid content and Eververse, the absolute least they can do is meet the industry standard and put Silver in the Battle Pass, in both free and premium tracks. Their Battle Pass is so weaksauce.
- Daily Reset Thread [2021-10-25]
- Daily Reset Thread [2021-10-24]
- Despite the flaws with Freelance Trials, i want to go in depth on some very positive things i saw
- Daily Reset Thread [2021-10-23]
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.