I've watched gameplay for several times now.
As much as I am excited for the Diablo 4 and everything that is going on around it I felt like something was off during the gameplay.
And I was switching back from D2 and D3 and D4 gameplay videos.
The monsters in Diablo 4 need some weight. We're not playing in a role of a nephalem where our power is so huge that I can slap the crap out of the monster and send him flying 20 feet away. Monster that is obviously 3 times heavier than my character.
Monsters death animation need some weight to it. At the moment, animation and monster dying feels like they're made of plastic and paper and they are moving like there is 0 gravitation.
I mean knockback looks ridiculous. The monster's model just moves backwards without any changes in its posture or physical appearance. If its PVP and other player models behave like that I wouldn't have any problems, but when monsters act like that, it takes away from immersion.
Would be great if they make it more believable, and not just do it the easy way.
They have money and time. I don't care if it comes out in 2024. Just do it right. Bring attention to details.
Don't wanna be "that guy" like I am trying to find a needle in a haystack but all these little details are complementing the bigger picture of immersion and overall feel of the game. Adding proper sound effects to it, sound effects of slicing the skin, steel cutting through bones, some bass heavy sound for spells that do knockback, tiny rock fragments sound effects getting scattered all over the place in caves, different EQ presets when you enter different areas (cathedral, cave, dungeon…)
Honestly I am not complaining, not sharing my concern, I am just putting this out there, if someone shares similar thoughts, maybe it will get attention, if not, I will still enjoy it either way.
I am just being really passionate about Diablo, thats all.
Ty for reading.
- Visual and audio components of new abilities.[7.28]
- First time getting into the series, finished Diablo 1. My thoughts…
- To those that suffer at the screams of the Fitness Gram Pacer Test (Raths)
More about DiabloPost: "Monsters feeling weightless in Diablo 4" specifically for the game Diablo. Other useful information about this game:
- There was a time where Diablo 3 did not have loot 2.0 and ridiculous scaling, why do we never talk about the era around Paragon 100, Inferno MP10, rares being good and the trade scene being huge?
- All the good/bad memories about the D2 holy grail that I completed last night(long post warning)
- Is there an unconventional build that you really enjoy?
- D2 Endgame details for newcomers
- Some context for the original intent behind the Amazon’s design and why VV’s version is not faithful to it
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.