I like many of you am happy for D2R, It’s obvious EVERYONE will have criticisms on the remake.
Perusing through the posts people have mostly made about the new models has cracked me up. The amount of white knighting on behalf of the devs and artists is comical - and to be honest classic reddit. Lord forgive someone for not agreeing with the direction the team took.
Personally I think both sides make good points.
Against D2R models: -Not inline with original depictions of the playable classes -Old looking
For D2R models: -Helmets cover their faces 99% of the time -Artistic freedom
Things I would like to address to the “For” crowd. The whole thought process of “you should just be happy they’re remaking the game!” If you think Activision/Blizzard is remaking the game out of the goodness of their hearts you’ve sorely missed the point. The whole arrival of “Classic”, “Remaster” etc. games is no mistake. It’s the market acknowledging the desire of a lot of us that grew up playing these games are willing to shell out a lot of money to relive those memory’s and for a fraction of the development cost that a new game would cost to make - meaning large profit margins. Addressing the “Against” a lot of you have made good points formatted respectfully for the devs to consider, and even some have taken it further into doing some really cool character art of your own. On the other hand many have offered their opinions in a format that would immediately be overlooked by a developer, effectively removing your opportunity to “get a chair at the table.” While I disagree with the majority sentiment of “you should just be happy..” At the core they are correct - be grateful our community has been deemed worthy of spending money on to revitalize a beloved game.
People are free to have their opinions, just because you do not agree with them doesn’t mean you need to jump on in and “prove” why someone and theirs is wrong.
I expect to get heavily down voted but it is what it is.
tried formatting my post but it seems like reddit (at least on the IPad) has removed all my proper formatting. Sorry if it looks weird
- My view on the android gaming scene since owning a switch.
- The Rivals points dilemma. And some possible solutions.
- Unpopular opinion? I think vanilla/classic has the most interesting economy in wow’s history.
More about DiabloPost: "Reddit Cracks Me Up!" specifically for the game Diablo. Other useful information about this game:
- [D2:R] Eternal Conflict of QoL: Charms
- Balance Suggestions – “These alphas will, of course, start to shape the future of Resurrected. The door is open for things like balance changes– if, indeed, players indicate that they actually want that to happen. Either way, that process starts with the alphas.”
- The Tormented Walk – A diary of my adventure. Chapter 2: The Butcher
- Diablo 3 Vanilla had a lot of potential that Reaper of Souls broke.
- Patch #20: Perlite
Top 7 NEW Games of February 2021
Looking for something new to play on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch in February 2021? Here are the notable video game releases.
Top 20 NEW Open World Games of 2021
2021 will bring us tons of open world games for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Switch, and beyond. Here's what we're looking forward to.