BH isn't picked yet on Singapore Major.
meanwhile on pubs https://www.dota2protracker.com/meta
he's one of the top picked hero with more than 56% winrate currently
it's been this way for quite a long of time, since 2017-2018, in fact. On 2018's TI and 2019's TI, BH was picked less than 3 times. (Fun fact, it's actually exactly 2x he's picked on both TI, with 0% winrate on both.)
the reason, in my honest opinion, is because he has busted numbers on his skills and base stats. Track gives so many gold, from a super long range, it also grant literally 100% damage increment on max level (in comparison, Phantom Assassin ult gives her 67.5%) plus it also gives BH 24% movement speed that stacks with boots, as long as he's 1200 radius away (VERY far) from a tracked hero.
it's insane how much Track does. And the fact that BH also have top tier base stats makes him EXTREMELY good on pubs.
so why is he not picked on a competitive level? IMHO its because of Bounty Hunter punishes mistakes, enlarges it and capitalizes on it. He thrive on pubs where it's way less coordinated compared to pro scenes. He's a complementary hero with no real role in the game. Complementary as in even if BH can help secure a Win, BH gives basically nothing when you're losing. And really what's BH role? he's rather famous to be played to be a pos 4, even though on protracker he seems to be better picked as an offlane (pos 4 BH has 54% winrate, whileas pos 3 have 60% winrate) but his most successful lane seems to be mid, where he has 66% winrate, but he's only mid on less than 2% of matches on protracker.
Look, I know he's a FINE hero on pubs. But I'm one of those guys who think that all Dota 2 heroes needs to be competitively viable, except for techies, and the fact that he's been out of meta for 3 years long kinda sucks.
this rework i propose is an attempt to make BH way more competitively viable, without making him busted on pubs. The way I'm attempting to do it is by giving him way better scaling to help him secure fights –I wont be giving BH a random farming capability since its not his theme.– and granting him real role in the game, which is a fighting core. His supporting capabilities are nerfed HARD with these changes, in exchange.
I. Shadow Walk
Bounty Hunter becomes invisible and gains the ability to move through other units until he attacks or uses an ability. When he breaks the invisibility, he releases a smoke that slow his enemies’ movement speed while strengthening BH. Bounty Hunter gains status resistance while inside the smoke
Cast Animation: 0+0
Fade Time: 0.25
Invisibility Duration: 19/25/31/37 s
Move Speed Slow: 11/19/27/35 %
Status Resistance Gain: 11/19/27/35%
Smoke Duration: 2.5/3/3.5/4
Smoke Radius: 325/350/375/400
- For 0.2 seconds while forming, the smoke follows BH position, even if he blinks.
- Upgradable by Aghanim Shard. Granting 2 charges, and making the smoke also increase BH’s magic resistance by 35%.
II. Shadow Break
Bounty Hunter cancels his invisibility.
Cast Animation: 0+0
- Used to trigger the smoke when you can’t attack or use items. Or just escape dust’s slow.
Passively grant Bounty Hunter attacks chance to deal bonus damage and stealing some unreliable gold. He can also Activate this skill to Increase movement speed for a short duration and making sure his next attack will swiftly trigger jinada. Activating Jinada doesn’t take you out of Invisibility.
Passive Trigger Chance: 11/15/19/23 %
Attack Damage Bonus: 70/100/130/160 (📷 110/140/170/200)
Gold Stolen: 15/25/35/45 (📷 65/75/85/95)
Active Duration: 1 s
Move Speed Gain: 30/70/110/150%
- BH movement speed is uncapped while jinada is activated.
- BH also gains 500 Attack Speed for 1 attack while Jinada is active.
- Speed and Attack Speed Bonus is lost after BH attacks.
- Trigger chance on aghanim upgraded shuriken is 100%.
- If BH has 365 movement speed (base ms + boots), max level Jinada activation will boost his speed to 912.
Tracks an enemy hero, granting True Sight of the target, and information on how much gold it is carrying. You deal critical strikes when attacking it. If a target dies near Bounty Hunter, he collects a bonus bounty of gold. Casting Track does not take you out of invisibility.
- Track no longer gives BH gold if he’s outside of track aura. (when you’re dead, you also don’t get track gold)
- Track Ally Bonus gold is removed.
- Track No longer gives BH bonus movement speed.
- Track radius reduced from 1200 to 1000.
- Track duration reduced from 30 to 19/22/25 seconds
- Reduces track cast range from 1000 to 725/800/875.
- Removes Aghanim shard upgrade on track.
V. Stats Change
Bounty Hunter’s STR from 20 + 2.5 to 15 + 2.0
Bounty Hunter’s AGI from 21 + 2.6 to 24 + 3.5
Level 15 (+275 HP) to (+13% Shadow Walk Smoke Slow)
- Finalizing BH Core idea.
- Attempting to make BH works on the highest competitive levels (TI Main scenes)
- Message to all Bounty Hunter players.
More about Dota 2Post: "Attempting to make BH a competitively viable hero without making him busted on pubs" specifically for the game Dota 2. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.