Roshan used to be a really formidable boss in DOTA 2. But as DOTA 2 evolves, Roshan gets behind. With increasing power spikes on heroes, Roshan rarely adopts. Seeing him becoming a piñata in recent updates shows him as nothing more than a loot box. So, let’s make him more monstrous so at least he can provide a challenge to heroes trying to kill him.
· Base Attack Damage increased from 75 to 105
· Base Attack Time increased from 2.0 to 2.5
· Base Health increased from 6000 to 7500
· Base Armor decreased from 20 to 15
· Base Attack Range increased from 150 to 200
Reason: I’ve done the calculations on this one, and his overall damage output’s gonna be increased by 12%, and his effective HP’s going to be increased by 8%. This makes him survive more and deal more damage. And at the same time, the lowering of attack time makes his attacks more anticipatable and avoidable. And the lowering of armor makes hero basic attacks feel more effective at the start (since those who decides to 5-man Rosh tend to rely more on attacks). This rewards players who knows how to keep a distance from Roshan (when planning for a 5-man Rosh), instead of just going melee all the way without any repercussions.
STRENGTH OF THE IMMORTAL
· Bonus Attack Damage increased from 6 to 8
· Bonus Health reduced from 115 to 100
· Bonus Armor increased from 0.375 to 0.5
· Now grants bonus health regeneration of 0.5 per interval
Reason: Another set of calculations, but this time on 15-min, 30-min, 60-min & 120-min mark:
· 15-min mark: Effective HP is increased by 8% & Damage Output by 9.1%
· 30-min mark: Effective HP is increased by 8.2% & Damage Output by 8.2%
· 60-min mark: Effective HP is increased by 9.1% & Damage Output by 7.6%
· 120-min mark: Effective HP is increased by 10.5% & Damage Output by 7.1%
Furthermore, though Roshan will possess lesser health over time, his increase armor over time makes him more and more resilient to basic attacks. This means that spells get more and more effective, encouraging spell casters to use their abilities on Roshan, thus teamwork is more effective to do so than soloing Roshan. Though the damage per attack is significantly increased, the base attack time makes each attack feel slower and more predictable, thus applying attack slow is an effective counter against Roshan. Overall, this makes Roshan tankier, deal more damage and at the same time, encourages players to use strats to kill him. This makes Roshan more strategic to deal with.
COLOSSAL SLAM (Renamed Slam)
· Cast Animation increased from 0.47+0.57 to 0.8+0.6
· Effect Radius increased from 350 to 375
· Base Damage increased from 70 to 80
· Bonus Damage increased from 10 to 12
· Now deals a stun lasting for 0.5 second.
· Cooldown increased from 10 to 12
Reason: Older Slam is hard to dodge, but doesn’t deal much damage, nor inhibits the players at all. This version is more challenging, but can be anticipated. The AOE is increased by 15%, making the spell cover more area, the spell damage is increased by 20% overall, & it can interrupt channeling spells. Despite of the buff, it now has a much longer cast time, making it easier to dodge & the cooldown is increased to make it less spammy. In terms of damage to cooldown ratio, it is equal to the previous version. Overall, this spell encourages better positioning & maneuver, and at the same time, Roshan exerts more dominance as a DOTA 2 boss.
NEW ABILITY: IMMORTAL RAGE
Roshan goes into an enraged state where he gains more attack speed & immunity to crowd control for a short amount of time. If the spell is off cooldown, it immediately activates if Roshan is below 25% of his max HP.
Cast Animation: 0+0
Bonus Attack Speed: 100
Status Resistance: 100%
Passive Health Threshold: 25%
Reason: Thematically, Roshan is cursed for eternity, so having him to rage about it fits to his overall concept. Gameplay-wise, this adds depth to how you deal with him, as it forces players to use their crowd control wisely when the ability activates. An angry Roshan is pretty challenging to face, even if it only lasts for a few seconds.
NEW ABILITY: GROWL (Could be an alternative)
Roshan unleashes a frightful roar that weakens enemies around him, reducing their armor & attack damage for a short amount of time.
Cast Animation: 0.3+0.2
Roar Duration: 1
Base Armor Reduction: 2
Armor Reduction per Interval: 0.2
Attack Damage Reduction: 25%
Hero Duration: 3
Non-Hero Duration: 6
· Spell order after Roshan spawns are as follows: Colossal Slam à Growl à Immortal Rage
· When all spells are activated in that order, the next spell to be casted will be random.
· The spell order resets every time Roshan dies.
So, what do you think about my suggestion? Comment down below so we can have a healthy discussion?
- CONTESTRoshan, the Imprisoned One
- Hero concept: Lothar – Tank
- Favored Foe vs Hunter’s Mark But With Math
More about Dota 2Post: "Roshan’s Fixer Upper Ideas" specifically for the game Dota 2. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.