I haven't quite pinned down what the classes are in Dota 2, especially coming from League of Legends.
Since every hero can get more attack damage by building their primary attribute, it's WAY different from League, where only ADC's and some Bruisers are built around autoattacking. But in this game, it seems like every hero is an autoattacker to some degree?
The Agility attribute also gives both Armor and Attack Speed, which sounds counterintuitive (In LoL, not a single item gives both attack damage and armor IIRC).
I've been having fun with Dragon Knight, but I'm not even really sure what I'm supposed to be doing with him. At first glance he seems like a Tank, but his ult turns him into a really strong autoattacker/pusher? I also like Undying, but I don't know if I should be supporting allies, pushing lanes, tanking damage, or assassinating people. I kind of just do all of those things and it usually works out.
In League of Legends there are 6 pretty clearly defined roles. There are some miscellaneous and hybrid heroes, and some can have weird builds, but the vast majority are 1 of the following classes:
– Tanks, who are good at taking damage and disrupting the enemy team, also good initiators
– Assassins, who are good at bursting down single targets, and have some kind of stealth/teleport/escape
– Bruisers, who can both take and deal damage, and can either protect teammates or attack enemies depending on how the fight is going
– ADC's, who are good at continuous, sustained damage using autoattacks, with their abilities often supplementing their autoattacks
– Mages, who deal high area damage using abilities,
– Supports, who heal and boost allies, and take little to no gold from creeps
My question is, what are the "classes" in Dota 2, and how do they relate to LoL classes? And if there are no clearly defined classes, how should I go about deciding what I should be doing when I play a particular hero?
- Understanding some key things in dota.
- Misconceptions regarding Shadow Fiend
- you are not disarmed by jugg’s spin and jugg is not physical immortal via spinning.
More about Dota 2Post: "What are the “classes” in Dota 2? What I mean by this isn’t roles like 1-5, but what the hero is supposed to do in teamfights, and what stats they are supposed to build." specifically for the game Dota 2. Other useful information about this game:
- I don’t know what to do; the teams I’m getting are making me lose all passion for this game.
- Very new players in non-new player’s games
- Dawnbreaker Discussion: Armlet vs Echo Sabre before BKB
- Why you should be playing Dawnbreaker offlane, not safelane
- The Horror, Scavenger Demon (Artisan Submission)
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.