Content of the article: "A Team based gladiatorial hunger games 2-3 shot game idea (feed back needed)"
I have had this half baked idea for a while i would love some feed back. I normal lean to the social pillar of the game but this idea definitely leans on the combat and exploration pillars. My hope is this kinda game would let player explore other classes they have wanted to play but have not got to as well get some progression.
So Basically the idea some cosmic entity kidnaps people to play a deadly gladiatorial game, think Mojo / Hunger Games. I want the game to be around 2-3 sessions.
- Players would all roll up new characters (as well a level plan)
- They would be placed in a team together and the rules would be explained to them before be doped in the starting area of a decent sized map a few miles at least.
- the DM would also roll up a few teams for them to compete against who start in other section of the map
- Probably need to make a table for how they behave
- At the center of the map is the boss who ever kills it wins
- Around the map are very generous cashes of loot and potions magic items and even orbs that grant level ups. you will need these to beat the boss
- Also you might find clues about the boss or scrying stones to spy on other teams or locate more cashes on the map.
- these would be guarded by traps or monsters maybe puzzles or other teams waiting in ambush
- Also Killing another team would grant a level or something
The Dm has a lot of work up front setting up the map and tables but the game should more are less run itself after that.
My concerns are that it slows to a hex crawl my experience with the exploration with pillar has been kinda slow.
I also need to find a way to add a ticking clock and ratchet up the tension. Maybe at night the boss leave it home and hunts or i could just steal the closing storm thing from those battle royal game.
I love the narrative which I feel like would be sacrificed does winning really mean anything I guess maybe you could play again at a higher level.
dose it sound fun or dose it miss the point of dnd trying to game-ify it to much?
I would love some feed back get the idea rounded out a bit.
- How to improve with no MOBA experience?
- You do not need a failed survival check to make the exploration a part of your campaign.
- Ilysia | Upcoming VRMMORPG
More about Dungeons & Dragons OnlinePost: "A Team based gladiatorial hunger games 2-3 shot game idea (feed back needed)" specifically for the game Dungeons & Dragons Online. Other useful information about this game:
- What are the best ways to make dnd more fun for DMs?
- Here’s a table showing what Cunning Action: Aim does to your DPR
- Cantina Chaos(Star Wars campaign)
- Yuletide caper based on Vermont Country Store catalog because why not?
- Where to hide ancient artifacts of a demon lord who’s followers are trying to obtain them and the party who is trying to get them first.
- Tooth & Claw (Steelshod 439)
- DMs, no one wants to read your bloated setting document, make a damn primer.
- Quests in a Plague-Ridden Town?
- Don’t Prep Plots: Boiling popular media down into a framework for your next homebrew.
- Can I get some help reviewing these 3 magic items?
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.