Content of the article: "Confusing wording on the Primal Companion feature from Tasha’s."
In the highlighted text below the text seems a bit confusing to me.
As a bonus action you can command the beast to take any action but also you can give up an attack to let the beast attack again?
Is it stating that the beast normally gets the one attack from the bonus action and can do a second one if you give up your attack? Or is it saying that you need to give up an attack to have the beast use its attack?
3rd-level Beast Master variant feature, which replaces the Ranger's Companion feature
You magically summon a primal beast, which draws strength from your bond with nature. The beast is friendly to you and your companions and obeys your commands. Choose its stat block—Beast of the Land, Beast of the Sea, or Beast of the Sky—which uses your proficiency bonus (PB) in several places. You also determine the kind of animal the beast is, choosing a kind appropriate for the stat block. Whatever kind you choose, the beast bears primal markings, indicating its mystical origin.
In combat, the beast acts during your turn. It can move and use its reaction on its own, but the only action it takes is the Dodge action, unless you take a bonus action on your turn to command it to take another action. That action can be one in its stat block or some other action. You can also sacrifice one of your attacks when you take the Attack action to command the beast to take the Attack action. If you are incapacitated, the beast can take any action of its choice, not just Dodge.
If the beast has died within the last hour, you can use your action to touch it and expend a spell slot of 1st level or higher. The beast returns to life after 1 minute with all its hit points restored.
When you finish a long rest, you can summon a different primal beast. The new beast appears in an unoccupied space within 5 feet of you, and you choose its stat block and appearance. If you already have a beast from this feature, it vanishes when the new beast appears. The beast also vanishes if you die.
- Tasha’s Leaky Cauldron – Paladin and Ranger
- Action Economy of Variant Features Beastmaster
- Significant changes made to the battle smith artificer’s steel defender in ERftLW errata
More about Dungeons & Dragons OnlinePost: "Confusing wording on the Primal Companion feature from Tasha’s." specifically for the game Dungeons & Dragons Online. Other useful information about this game:
- Magical Problems Require Goblin Solutions
- Concentration checks variant
- It’s okay that lower level gameplay is so lethal, and it’s okay that modules include encounters you can’t just faceroll
- How trying not to metagame turned into a hilarious situation
- Demon’s Souls style Nexial Binding?
- Oathbreaking Needs To Be Expanded: An Argument In Favor Of Greater Mechanical Roleplaying
- The Harpy’s Meat Grinder – Encounter
- How our sorcerer got the “horse fucker” title.
- How did that Tiger get on the Stage?
- Having some problems
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.