Content of the article: "Help with Homebrew Race Balance"
I'm not sure how balanced this was, so I wanted to check in with the community and make some revisions before giving this as an option to my players or putting it out on GM Binder.
Goblins are quite different in the setting. I'll put some info about them in the comments if anyone is interested.
Here's the mechanics:
- Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2, and your Constitution score increases by 1.
- Age. Goblins physically mature by age 3, and are considered adults at age 10 by their elders. A goblin lives up to 60 years old.
- Size. Goblins are between 3 and 4 feet tall and weigh between 40 and 80 pounds. Your size is Small.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
- Bite. Though you are small, your head is big, and your teeth sharp, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with it, you deal piercing damage equal to 1d4 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.
- Four Hands. You have 4 hands instead of 2 hands and 2 feet, though you can still walk normally. You can use your lower hands with the same dexterity and finesse as your upper hands.
- Alien Climber You can climb surfaces with ease, to a level that disturbs some people. You have a climbing speed equal to your walking speed. When climbing with all 4 hands open, you can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check. You can hang from 3 hands and use the remaining hand to interact with objects, make attacks, etc. but you cannot climb on a difficult surface without all 4 hands being hand open.
- Supreme Acrobat. You have proficiency in acrobatics and performance. Likewise, you can use acrobatics in place of athletic for climbing checks.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Goblin.
Where does it excel? What are its weaknesses? What crazy builds inspire you from these mechanics? Is it balanced?
Any and all criticism is greatly appreciated.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Jumping
- After reading all the feedback I reworked the judo monk subclass. Here it is again
- Martial characters are bad, not because of their ability, but because of reality.
© Post "Help with Homebrew Race Balance" for game Dungeons & Dragons Online.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!