Content of the article: "Homebrewing a Warlock Pact Boon, and need help choosing between two options."
First off this isn't a complete repost, as I asked the other day regarding one build. Now I'm asking which way to go with a homebrew between two options (and before it was open ended).
So a player wanted elements from both the pacts of Tome and Chain. Asking for something inspired by this
Here's what I have so far, figured I'd see what people think.
Pact of Resolve
The magic of your pact can at times have unnatural effects, one of these is the creation of a creature of resolve. Creatures of resolve shift their forms and abilities.
Select a small creature (for example a rabbit, a cat, a snake, etc). And a mundane object (for example a hat, a book, a bottle, etc.).
The creature has the same type as your pact holder (fiendish, fey, celestial, etc.)
The creature of resolve can on command or at will change between its creature form and its object form, although the object form will always show some elements of the creature (eg. Ears, eyes, a tail, etc.).
During a long rest you can perform a ritual to change either the creature, object, (* if option 1 – or a spell).
The creature of resolve can not perform attacks, but can act during combat.
The creature of resolve has hit points equal to 1 of your hit-die. Should the creature of resolve die it will reform within 15ft of you 1 week later.
Option 1 –
In addition to creature and object choose a spell from the list below;
Fog Cloud (first level only)
Heroism (first level only)
The spells can be cast centered on the creature, and can be used twice per long rest.
You can communicate with your creature of resolve psychically when within sight of each other.
Option 2 –
The creature of resolve is able to communicate with you psychically within a range of 300ft.
The creature of resolve (in both forms) acts as an arcane focus, for the purpose of spellcasting.
Which option do you think works better?
- I’m sure it’s been done to death but here’s my take; Warlock Subclass – Pact of the Witch
- Icewind Dale: Auril as a Warlock Patron. Available as Pay What You Want on DMsGuild! (Full PDF Preview Available)
- More Metamagic Options
More about Dungeons & Dragons OnlinePost: "Homebrewing a Warlock Pact Boon, and need help choosing between two options." specifically for the game Dungeons & Dragons Online. Other useful information about this game:
- Oathbreaking Needs To Be Expanded: An Argument In Favor Of Greater Mechanical Roleplaying
- The Harpy’s Meat Grinder – Encounter
- How our sorcerer got the “horse fucker” title.
- Having some problems
- I messed up and now I need to help my DM
- NPC Idea: The Vampire Girl
- The “Local Heroes” tier of play, and why most published WotC adventures kill players instead of doing tier appropriate activities.
- Am I leading my campaign wrong?
- Genies of the elemental wind, these beings wander the deserts and cause mischief for mortals – Lore & History of the Djinni
- Legendary Magic Item, The Mirror Shield
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.