Content of the article: "How I lost my arm"
First greentext style story, forgive me if it sucks
>Be Axel, a human paladin in a party with Kaslen, a Gnome rogue and Deamise, an Aasimar warlock along with a few NPC's who tagged along with the party
> Work with an organization named "The Bureau of Balance" who send people all around the globe to collect artifacts called "Grand Relics" that allow the user control over a school of magic.
>We're on the way to the lab of Lucas, an arcane scientist who somehow found a Grand Relic, the Philosopher's Stone and started fucking with it without telling the Bureau
>Surprise, Surprise, he fucks up and the stone goes haywire and starts SCP-049-ing the place, slowly turning the whole lab to crystal
>Lab is magically suspended over the ocean but with the added weight of the crystal, the lab will eventually fall into the ocean and turn the whole planet to crystal
>This is why you don't fuck with Grand Relics
>We were all given a special suit and enchantments on our gear that keeps it from getting crystallized if hit with crystal
>Fast forward about halfway through the arc and the party is holed up in a room behind an arcane airlock which slows the effect of the crystal.
>While the party is discussing a strategy to stop the stone, capture Lucas and probably execute him for causing a possible doomsday, a small portal opens behind me and a small shard of the crystal shit pops out
>Hear "The voice of Pan" in my head repeatedly telling me to grab the crystal
>Usually our DM would lean really close to the microphone and whisper when I talked with/prayed to Pan
>Grab crystal without thinking
>Crystal sharpens and stabs through my suit
>OOC I get mad since I assumed I wouldn't be able to fight for the rest of the arc and I'm pretty much the party's tank
>IC I start yelling at the gnome to cut my arm off, he rolls and succeeds so now I'm on the floor bleeding
>The medic NPC stabilizes me and pulls me into the medbay and finds a mcguffin-ey soulwood (I think that's what it was) sprout that They set into my arm and presto! Axel is good as new but now with a disadvantage to slight of hand, which I never used.
- Passive Checks replace taking 20 from previous editions
- Should i modify any of these changes for our first adventure?
- How I made the “Shave and a hair cut two pence” tune into something sad.
More about Dungeons & Dragons OnlinePost: "How I lost my arm" specifically for the game Dungeons & Dragons Online. Other useful information about this game:
- Can a Tortle be an Armorer Artificer, and how long does it take a Warforged to don or doff Arcane Armor?
- “Sardon’s Tarot Card Curse” – A Homebrew Tarot Card Ruleset [5e]
- I’m thinking of dropping out…
- Help with a Fight Club
- How to surprise a party which is comprised of players who all DM and are incredibly savvy/cautious?
- Played dnd for the first time. Will do it again
- I managed to genuinely surprise my players! (follow up from murder boners VS challenging combat) (also confused about flair sorry)
- We ran /u/Mdepietro’s “Enter The Pungeon” here’s how it went.
- Help with setting up an early encounter with the BBEG
- Regarding the recent discussion about preparing for sessions
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.