Content of the article: "How To Use “Terrible” Character Ideas?"
My DM and I were fooling around and decided to come up with the "worst" character ideas possible (characters who think they're other classes, being a class for the wrong reasons, etc.). So far, our list is:
- A sorcerer who thinks he's a vampire and that his powers come from drinking blood
- A druid who only shifts into a wolf or dire wolf on the full moon because he thinks he's a werewolf
- A sorcerer from a prestigious wizard family who got the Elsa/Vanya treatment because his parents scared that he'd ruin their reputation with non-wizard magic
- A fighter who thinks he's a monk because he's an Eat, Pray, Love "Buddhist"
- A skeptical but spiritual monk who thinks he's a cleric; he prays to the idea of "god" and thinks his barehand fighting is a divine gift
- A crunchy vegan rogue who thinks he's a ranger because he rescued animals while breaking into a pet shop and talks to them (even though they don't understand)
- A bard who always wanted to be a famous musician but he sucks at it so he uses bard diplomacy skills to convince people they like it
- A paladin who thinks he's a rogue because he was expelled from his paladin society for not being perfectly lawful good
- A studious warlock who thinks he's a wizard because his patron is a sentient family heirloom grimoire
- A lazy ranger who made bonds with animals so they could control his entire life like Linguine from Ratatouille
- A 12-year old barbarian from a nice middle class family who tries to be a good kid but gets REALLY angry when people beat him in Fortnite or when he gets grounded
We eventually want to run a one-shot or short (3-5 session) campaign with some of these characters because, frankly, we think they'd be really fun to play and/or interact with. Has anyone ever played characters like this before or do you have any ideas for additional "terrible" characters?
- Warlock and Sorcerer vs Bard and Paladin
- Class and Race combinations that were made for each other
- One of my players is feeling railroaded into switching classes by his second campaign’s DM.
© Post "How To Use “Terrible” Character Ideas?" for game Dungeons & Dragons Online.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!