Content of the article: "Looking for ideas for an upcoming dwarven caveman campaign"
I've got this idea to do a campaign where everyone is a dwarf caveman. I want to impose some restrictions for this experienced group.
- All PCs are dwarves
- The only speak dwarf, no common
- You can play a barbarian but not a fighter
- You can play a druid but not a cleric
- You can play a ranger, but not a Paladin
- You can play a sorcerer but not a mage or warlock
- You can play a rogue (scout), but no bard or monk
- No metal is available
Here's the high level plot outline. I'm willing to change pretty much anything if you've got an idea:
- PCs are tasked with building an outpost to the west. (Level 1)
- They will be leading the mission, but several other townspeople will be coming along to help build the outpost.
- Hex map exploration and nature survival for levels 1 and 2.
- I plan on using pictures from real life nature scenery to increase immersion.
- One night there is a great fog and in the morning things look different. (level 3)
- PCs have been warped to a different land!
- PCs are unaware at first, but eventually find enough discrepancies to know that they are far from home.
- Problems with the town need fixing.
- They will be menaced by a witch.
- Town needs food / resources.
- Once issues at home have been resolved, explore the new land (Level 5)
- One night they see someone summoning monsters from a portal..
- PCs also encounter others who were brought here in a similar manner, but they don’t speak the same language.
- They also have "home bases" of sorts.
- The others are aggressive and conflict will most likely result.
- The others are from other time periods and lands.
- This will be open ended, as I don’t know how the PCs will react
- Eventually their home base will need to be defended. (level 6)
- During this they briefly see a floating tower in the sky before it turns invisible.
- PCs hopefully care enough about this to look for answers
- Hopefully diplomacy happens with the other groups and they pool their resources.
- They discover that people are coming from the tower and are spying on them.
- They ambush one of these people and shake him down to get access to the floating tower.
- (Alternate) – A disgruntled employee / participant shows them how to board the floating tower.
- PCs warp to the Floating tower (Level 7-8)
- They find all these opulent creatures staying at this “pleasure palace” style of hotel.
- They make big bets on anything and everything that happens on the surface below.
- Some bets are quick and others are based on longer term events (first civilization to be eliminated).
- Chaos ensues as the PCs gain access to the floating tower.
- Creatures flee to portals that take them to their various homes.
- The wizard behind it all flees to his antechamber.
- The PCs must endure challenges and trials.
- Maybe a puzzle?
- PCs finally get to the wizard and have a final confrontation.
- They win in dramatic fashion.
- He gets up and yells “CUT! That’s a wrap, people!”
- Invisible sensors (cameras) begin to appear all around.
- It was all the dramatic conclusion of season 6 all along!
- PCs will probably be pissed and attack the wizard, who does not care about them personally or what they’ve been through.
- He’ll be all confused and offended but explain to them that they have two options:
- Option 1: Have him send them home with their cut (45,000 GP), all the knowledge they've gained, and everything they’ve acquired along the way. They'll be heroes!
- Option 2: Attack the wizard and die where they stand.
I'm looking for any ideas or suggestions you may have to flesh this out a bit. Encounters, NPC concepts, complications, general impressions about the whole deal, everything is good. Thanks!
- How to deal with Leomund’s Tiny Hut as a DM (Spoilers for Tomb of Annihilation)
- I don’t know what to do with the story. Help.
- Anyone think OTE would be better if we were playing from New London’s POV?
© Post "Looking for ideas for an upcoming dwarven caveman campaign" for game Dungeons & Dragons Online.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!