Content of the article: "Oath of Loyalty v.1.1: Play as a knight whose fidelity is truly unfailing"
I'll be looking at replies to this tomorrow. Thanks in advance!
Hello, everybody! Today, I've got another Legendarium of the Four homebrew that I seek feedback on. It's an Aarakocras-only subclass for Paladin: the oath of loyalty.
Before you flame me for making a race-exclusive subclass: I uh… Look, you're all super helpful, but I'm going to be honest: I don't care if you don't like race-exclusive subclasses. It's all about the vision and the lore, man.
Aarakocras who swear to the Oath of Loyalty are called Black Knights. The seven Black Knights, Aarakocras with heads similar to those of Crows, served The Raven, swore to the Oath of Loyalty. Their friends, those who were good, and the common folk would be protected at all costs — they fought for those who couldn’t fight for themselves. The Black Knights were kind and selfless before they were cursed.
Tenets of Loyalty
At Your Service: You are to do whatever you can to help those who are shown to need it. You are at the populous’ service.
Beacon of Hope: When times are dire, lights are dark, and the world is filled with fear and hopelessness, you will be there to help.
Unending Fealty: If someone were to take a blow, on your watch, it is not theirs to bear, but yours.
You gain oath spells at the paladin levels listed.
Oath of Loyalty Spells
3rd level: Sanctuary, Healing Word
5th level: Magic Weapon, Warding Bond
9th level: Beacon of Hope, Counterspell
13th level: Death Ward, Resilient Sphere
17th level: Mass Cure Wounds, Telepathic Bond
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.
- Favor: As an action, you fuel your urge to help those who deserve it, using your Channel Divinity. For the next minute, you can take the Help action as a Bonus Action.
- Intervene: As a reaction after an ally within 30 feet of you takes damage, you can use your Channel Divinity to lower the amount of damage the ally takes by your Paladin level.
Aura of Life
Starting at 7th level, friendly creatures within 10 feet of you gain 5 temporary hit points at the start of their turns.
At 18th level, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet.
Starting at 15th level, you can further channel your loyalty to the world and your team mates into your magic. You know the Resistance and Guidance cantrips. When you cast those spells using this trait, they use d8s instead of d4s.
Loyal to the Death
Starting at 20th level, you become a beacon of loyalty, as were the original seven Black Knights who were cursed for eternity. For one minute, you gain the following benefits:
- If you heal an ally or give them temporary hit points, they receive the maximum amount of hit points possible.
- If an ally that you can see is attacked and they are at most 35 feet away from you, as a reaction, you can intercept the blow, causing the ally to take no damage from the triggering attack, you instead taking half of the damage form the triggering attack.
- You cannot die while at least one of your allies is still alive. If any of your allies that you can see are still alive in battle, your amount of Hit Points cannot fall below 1.
Once you use this trait, you cannot use it again until you finish a long rest.
So what do you think? Any comments, questions, or concerns?
- The Oath of Willpower – Play as the last man standing when all hope is lost
- Do you people think this is balanced?
- An Alternate Hexblade subclass I am working on. Would love input.
© Post "Oath of Loyalty v.1.1: Play as a knight whose fidelity is truly unfailing" for game Dungeons & Dragons Online.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!