Hi! Im a new DM and new to dnd too. I come today with a round of questions about paladins!
What Visually happens when a Paladin breaks his oath? (For flavour!!) does their holy symbol stop glowing? Do like the voice of their god roar “YOU SUCKKKK” or? Can some blessed redditor write a short flavour text to describe this event?
Are you deemed an oath breaker if you were faithful your entire life but only (purposefully) break your oath once?
If you’re either Ezekiel, Kyra, or Orion, don’t read it!!
Specific scenario I have in mind: an NPC Paladin is travelling to find a cure for his sick betrothed with his female companion Mei. She harboured secret feelings for this Paladin as well. Mei, along their journey was cursed to be a Yuki-Onna (akin to the Succubus). So with her ice powers and charm powers, she tricked the Paladin to stay with her in this ice temple/cave for just a month. But she would encase him in ice at night and thaw him once a year to “preserve his time with her”. He only believes that a week has passed, but in reality it’s almost 10years and they also had a kid he didn’t know about.
Enter the PCs, who tell Paladin that his beloved girl is still alive but literally on her deathbed. This kid they found is his daughter. He’s been frozen for eons and like, he needs to take the cure from the cave and go.
Obviously if I was this Paladin I would be absolutely heartbroken and furious. Mei would stop him, and stop the PCs. She would be shattered too, knowing that in her trying to help the man she loves save the woman He loves, she’s in fact doomed herself to an eternity of desolation and despair. So let’s say Paladin wields his sword and deals the killing blow on Mei, out of desperation to save his girl. Would he be a fallen Paladin? What happens after?
I’m thinking he’d swore either the Oath of Devotion or of the Ancients.
One of the PC is a Paladin (devotion) so I think it’d be fun for him to witness a madman’s fall from grace. Heehee
Thanks in advance!
- Favorite and Least Favorite Paladin Subclasses?
- Need help picking Paladin Oath
- Am I doing the right thing by forbidding my player to play an oath of conquest paladin?
More about Dungeons & Dragons OnlinePost: "Paladin breaking his oath?" specifically for the game Dungeons & Dragons Online. Other useful information about this game:
- The Tale of the Canon Cannon
- A 4th Type of Encounter: Introducing the Terrain Encounter, combing Skill Challenges, Combat, Chases
- How to scare the bejeezus out of the party with Polymorph / Shapechange
- Don’t focus on doing accents for your characters, focus on doing VOICES
- My older brother (a 35 year old, fully grown man) is both combative with other players AND passive during gameplay. The other PCs are becoming combative toward him in turn. Can’t boot him from the game because I live with him and one of the other players. The situation sucks and I need help.
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.