Content of the article: "Second attempt at home-brew please give me some feed back Path of the Radiant Mind"
Path of the Radiating Mind
Barbarians that follow the path of the radiating mind allow their psionic power to run wild, or they do no know how to control them. Either way those that follow this path are powerful personalities whose psionic power makes their presence into a physical force. Flumphs find barbarians of this path to be a delectable feast and will flock to them to soak up the radiating psionic power.
3rd : Psionic Talent, Imposing Presence, Resilient mind, Oppressive Rage
6th: Psychic Aura, Honest Phasic, Shielding Mind
10th: Lingering Presence
14th: Crushing Presence
3rd Psionic Power: You harbor a wellspring of psionic energy within yourself. This energy is represented by your Psionic Energy dice, which are each a d6. You have a number of these dice equal to twice your proficiency bonus, and they fuel various psionic powers you have, which are detailed below.
Some of your powers expend the Psionic Energy die they use, as specified in a power’s description, and you can’t use a power if it requires you to use a die when your dice are all expended. You regain all your expended Psionic Energy dice when you finish a long rest. In addition, as a bonus action, you can regain one expended Psionic Energy die, but you can’t do so again until you finish a short or long rest.
When you reach certain levels in this class, the size of your Psionic Energy dice increases: at 5th level (d8), 11th level (d10), and 17th level (d12).
The powers below use your Psionic Energy
· Imposing Presence: When you want with your presence alone you can get peoples attention. You may cause a number of creatures equal to your proficiency bones that you can see within 30ft attempt a Wisdom saving throw or stop what their doing and pay attention to you till the end of your next turn, on a success they ignore you. Creatures immune to fear and creatures in combat automatically succeed on the save. You cannot use this feature again in till after a long rest, unless you expend a Psionic Energy Die to use it again.
· Resilient Mind: As a reaction when you take psychic damage you may reduce it by 1 Psionic Energy Die + con modifier + barbarian level.
3rd Oppressive Rage: When you enter a rage the pressure from your presence takes on a physical weight. Wile raging non-allies within 10 feet of you have their speed reduced by 10ft.
At level 10 the range increases to 20 feet.
6th Psychic Aura: The psychic energy radiating from your body becomes thicker allowing you to effect creatures within the aura.
· Honest Phasic: Your phasic combined with the psychic energy radiating from you gives the impression that when you talk it should be taken seriously. You can use Strength instead of Charisma on Deception, Intimidation, and Persuasion checks.
After you make a, Deception, Intimidation, Persuasion check, or Charisma Saving throw you may add a Psionic Energy Die to the roll. You must choose to do so before knowing if you past or failed.
· Shielding Mind: Your psych aura fills the space around you shielding creatures from spells and abilities that target the mind. An Intellect Devourer’s Detect Sentience and the spell Detect Thoughts can not detect creatures other than you that are within 30ft of you as your own mind blankets theirs.
When a single creature within 30ft of you is the target of a spell or ability that causes charm, psych damage, or telepathic communication you may use your reaction to become the target of said ability or spell. As part of the same reaction you can use resilient mind.
The DM may choose to use this ability to pass a telepathic message to you meant for someone else within 30ft of you without expending your reaction.
10th Lingering Presence: Like heroes in myths of old you refuse fall, even in death. As you lose conciseness in battle you can force psychic energy into your body to stiffen your arms and legs, forcing your body to stand even after death. The sight of you still standing, even after the deathblow, will inspire your allies and terrify your enemy’s.
When you drop to 0 HP roll a Psionic Energy Die, your body will continue to stand and give following benefits for the number of rounds rolled, even if you fail all three 3 death saves:
· Oppressive rage stays active
· All allies that can see you become immune to fear and charm effects.
· All enemies that can see or sense you must pass an Int save (DC = Con+ Proficiency+8) or become frightened and refuse to believe that you are dead in till this feature ends, if they succeed on the save they are not frightened of you.
· It takes a Str check (DC=Str+Proficiency+8) to shove you over or remove something your holding.
These benefits end after the number of rounds rolled, you regain hit points, or your body is hit by a shove attack or effect that would push you at least 5ft, knocking your body prone.
You cannot use this feature again entail you have taken a long rest or expend a Psionic Energy Die.
14th Crushing Presence: While raging your powers are so overwhelming that columns of force slam down in spots on the battlefield that you focus your attention.
As a bonus action you may roll a Psionic Energy Die and cause a column of force to slam down anywhere you can see within 60ft of you that lasts till the start of your next turn. The column is a cylinder with a 10ft radiuses and 50ft tall. Objects not being held or worn take force damage equal to the number rolled on your Psionic Energy Die. Creatures that start their turn in it or enter it must pass a strength saving throw (DC =8+ Proficiency +Con modifier) or take force damage equal to the number rolled on your Psionic Energy Die and are restrained, if they fail by 5 or more they are knocked prone. On a success they take no damage are not restrained and the area inside the cylinder is difficult terrain. At the end of their turn they may make another save to end the restrained condition. Creatures larger then the column have advantage on the save.
More about Dungeons & Dragons OnlinePost: "Second attempt at home-brew please give me some feed back Path of the Radiant Mind" specifically for the game Dungeons & Dragons Online. Other useful information about this game:
- Potential dumpster fire of a one-shot, send help?
- Roman Inspired World-Building Help (Aterra)
- I really dont understand planes.
- It’s what my world would do
- Best INT Melee Build
- How to make the players feel REALLY bad for killing a bad guy they’ve tracked down for ages.
- Using Different Speeds: An Essay
- Had a session planned but it fell through? No problem!
- Player wants a unique spell, how well is this balanced?
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.