Content of the article: "Telekinetic Might be the Best Feat Yet for Wizards"
I’m currently playing a 3rd level Conjuration Wizard and so of course, the first thing I do when I get TCoE is flip to the Feats section to see what my options are.
Upon review, Telekinetic jumped out at me as uniquely useful for almost any Wizard build (with one significant caveat I’ll discuss). I’ve copied the feat below for reference:
You learn to move things with your mind, granting you the following benefits:
Increase your Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
You learn the mage hand cantrip. You can cast it without verbal or somatic components, and you can make the spectral hand invisible . If you already know this spell, its range increases by 30 feet when you cast it. Its spellcasting ability is the ability increased by this feat.
As a bonus action, you can try to telekinetically shove one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. When you do so, the target must succeed on a Strength saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + the ability modifier of the score increased by this feat) or be moved 5 feet toward you or away from you. A creature can willingly fail this save.
In my mind, this directly competes with both Warcaster, Resilient (Constitution), and to a lesser extent Lucky for best Wizard feats.
Wizards have few (though powerful) leveled spells, and no cantrips, that use a bonus action each turn. The pull/push ability of Telekinetic can be used every turn (on allies and enemies), on top of any spell you cast or are concentrating on. And while enemies are likely to succeed on their Strength Saving Throws, because you aren’t using your Bonus Action for anything else, there’s no real opportunity cost.
Though this ability remains relevant even into high levels, the 30 foot range isn’t ideal for a squishy Wizard. Still, you can always move into range and then back out after using the ability.
So what do you all think? Do you agree that this will be a mainstay of optimized Wizard builds moving forward or is concentration preservation still king?
- I’ve refined my homebrew conjuration spell, what do you think? Any feedback is welcome!
- What’s your thought on this homebrew conjuration spell? (I need help balancing it, your comments are greatly appreciated!)
- Questions about hypnotic gaze…
More about Dungeons & Dragons OnlinePost: "Telekinetic Might be the Best Feat Yet for Wizards" specifically for the game Dungeons & Dragons Online. Other useful information about this game:
- Collective world building project?
- Rolled Passive Perception – I can explain
- How do you Design Mountain Ranges and Handle Their Exploration/Travel?
- Talking Tasha Two: Like You Walked Over Your Own Grave
- Floundering mid campaign and could use arc advice
- Advice on crafting gabling game
- The problem with the ever-expanding list of playable monster races.
- Immerse Your Players By Creating Information Asymmetry
- Paid DMing
- DM running first campaign, player situation…. did I “overract”??
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.