Content of the article: "The Jellicle Isles: Helping me and my friend writing for a Cats inspired campaign"
I will soon be co-dming with a wonderful writer friend of mine. We made an offhand joke at our first discussion session about running a game based on Cats 2019 (we were going to see it that night) but… then we started talking and… Yeah, now were going to write a Cats inspired campaign. NOT a oneshot, a CAMPAIGN! And I would love your help.
Aobha, Andy, Zoe, Eoghan, go away.
What we Have Planned
The Tabaxi of the Menagerie Coast (this is set in Exandria but very lore lite) gather once a year on the Twinpeak Isles (called by them the Jellicle Isles) to gather and trade and celebrate and compete in the Jellicle choice, where 4 winners will be selected from various trials, and be sent off to the Heavenside Island.
Heres whats actually going on… The Twinpeaks were once home to a pre calamity civilization of catfolk who subtly worshipped Tharizdun. When the islands were devastated by the divergence, a single demon remained on the 2nd island, Jellicle (a Nabassu). Jellicle fed on the souls of all who dwelt on the island, demanding sacrifice through chase and games to tire its victems. Eventually, a sagely Tabaxi came along and with their power managed to seal Jellicle on the Heavenside Island, in an elaborate mansion like maze. While hard, it is not impossible for Jellicle to escape, so the lineage os sages (now powerful fiendish warlocks who steal Jellicle's power). Make annual sacrifices of adventurers to the island, to keep Jellicle content and happy.
So the party will be competing to travel to the heavenside island and achieve eternal happiness, and the players think the campaign will end there. But then it will bloom into a second arc of horror survival.. hehe.
So at the moment we have a party of 3-4 level 5 Tabaxi. They will begin their first session traveling to the Twinpeak Isles only to be told by a whacky fisherman cat (a survivor of heavenside driven mad) they better race to the islands center if they wanna be selected for the trials.
What We Need Help With
So as we continue to write this, I would like to hear peoples suggestions on how to flesh things out. Here is a list of what im looking for:
- A list of 5th Edition monsters with cat themes (willing to lightly reflavor)
- Descriptions of what this ruins turned village looks like (thinking ancient massive objects to reflect Cats weird proportions)
- Ways to make it feel whimsical, silly, but have those unsettling uncomfortable undertones that make Cats so good.
- Ideas for Tabaxi NPCs (must have a name, an epithet, a reason for coming here and what they think the Heavenside Island is)
- Ideas for trials and competitions for the tournament
And if you have any other questions or ideas feel free to speak up!
- The ERC Method: A work-in-progress DMs tool to organize and execute
- (15m) A new DM who’s been playing for about a year, DMing for about six. I quickly grew to be a DM my players respected and appreciated, but I was working too much. So I had a new idea:
- I don’t know what to do with the story. Help.
© Post "The Jellicle Isles: Helping me and my friend writing for a Cats inspired campaign" for game Dungeons & Dragons Online.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!