Content of the article: "The Value of Scripting"
If KotBR or Squash Syndicate mean anything to you and you're in my party, then stop reading.
So, I'm a really new to DMing (I've run a couple of one-shots, but I'm finally running my first ongoing campaign; LMoP, and they just finished with the Redbrands and are about to head to Cragmaw Castle), and I've found that I've been having a lot of difficulty improvising dialogue for the various NPCs a lot of the time. Part of it is that I have a slight stutter, but a lot of it is simply having difficulty getting into the NPC's head and not coming up with meaningful dialogue quickly. Interestingly, this is not a problem I have ever had while RPing as a PC, and it has only affected my RP as a DM.
Well, since the party just hit level 3 a few of them got to do some RP between sessions (Paladin taking their oath, Warlock receiving their pact boon, Ranger meeting an Archfey
Anyway, I feel like this has been a bit rambly, so let me get to my question(s):
- More experienced DMs, do you use scripting in your campaigns?
- Is my needing to lean on scripting to improve the RP moments a failing, or a totally viable way of adapting to overcome a shortcoming?
- What tips do you have about what to script, and what to avoid scripting?
- What are the biggest pay-offs and the greatest dangers of using a script?
- What non-scripting techniques do you use to improve your RP of NPCs overall? How well does this pair with scripting?
- ReferenceAlias Script Trouble
- Game Crashed, Read the Logs, Wasn’t Make Sense to me, so…
- CTD Without Reason No Mods Installed
Top 7 NEW Games of January 2021
New year - new month - new games. Take a look at the first 2021 games you’ll be playing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, and more.
More about Dungeons & Dragons OnlinePost: "The Value of Scripting" specifically for the game Dungeons & Dragons Online. Other useful information about this game:
- Is there a campaign to play after LmoP? (Level 5 and up)
- ‘Big things for little things’. A book of poems/songs to introduce some concepts about giants
- Make your players’ characters habe weaknesses that influence the game
- Unexpected Battle Against a Literal Game-Breaker
- Gonna run my one shot tomorrow… Hope I’ve prepped enough.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.