Content of the article: "What if the Genie’s Vessel was a Pact"
This less of a fully fleshed out idea and more of a random thought that I was curious what others thought about it. What if the Genie's Vessel was a 3rd level Pact instead of a subclass feature, Pact of the Vessel. The biggest issue with the short rest dependent classes is convincing your party to take one. If all Warlocks had access to a pact that they could use to chill out in an extradimensional space and take a short rest while the party continues on with vessel in hand, it would greatly simplify that.
Pact of the Vessel:
As an action, you can magically vanish and enter your vessel, which remains in the space you left. The interior of the vessel is an extradimensional space in the shape of a 20-foot-radius cylinder, 20 feet high, and resembles your vessel. The interior is comfortably appointed with cushions and low tables and is a comfortable temperature. While inside, you can hear the area around your vessel as if you were in its space. You can remain inside the vessel up to a number of hours equal to twice your proficiency bonus. You exit the vessel early if you use a bonus action to leave, if you die, or if the vessel is destroyed. When you exit the vessel, you appear in the unoccupied space closest to it. Any objects left in the vessel remain there until carried out, and if the vessel is destroyed, every object stored there harmlessly appears in the unoccupied spaces closest to the vessel’s former space. Once you enter the vessel, you can’t enter again until you finish a long rest.
- When you enter your Genie’s Vessel, you can now choose a number of willing creatures, up to your proficiency bonus, that you can see within 30 feet of you, and the chosen creatures are drawn into the vessel with you. As a bonus action, you can eject any number of creatures from the vessel, and everyone is ejected if you leave or the vessel is destroyed.
- Anyone (including you) who remains within the vessel for at least 10 minutes gains the benefit of finishing a short rest, and anyone can add your proficiency bonus to the number of hit points they regain if they spend any Hit Dice as part of a short rest there.
- You can now enter your vessel a number of times per long rest equal to half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).
- Is the Echo Knight considered “ethereal” or “astral”?
- One of my players wants to do their home brew subclass.
- A Hexblade/Pact of the Blade Warlock DOESN’T NEED Improved Pact Weapon for Longbows to benefit from Hex Warrior
© Post "What if the Genie’s Vessel was a Pact" for game Dungeons & Dragons Online.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!