After a bunch of googling and looking through some older reddit threads, apparently BSG kicks you out of the server if you have some service/program using Hyper-V running. It's a Microsoft hardware virtualization thing, used by virtual machines. I've played a whole lot this wipe, but recently installed Docker and it essentially broke Tarkov for me. Around 8-9 minutes you get kicked with a message along the lines of "Disallowed program running
The problem is, I can't find my way back now. Docker wasn't super important for me, so I got rid of it as soon as I found out, but the problem persisted. Then I learned it's more specifically about Hyper-V and I've since disabled it, killed all processes I could find that are related to it, tried some commands I found recommended on this topic that worked for some etc. I'm still getting kicked ~9min into every round with the same error message.
Basically, I'm wondering what the latest is on this topic. This apparently started happening somewhere early 2020 and has popped up as an issue multiple times here on reddit and the official forums etc. Multiple fixes have been proposed over time, some seem to have worked for many, but not for all, however many of the treads are old and this shit is still going on, so I'm looking for some advice how to get rid of the Hyper-V shit on my PC.
Things I've tried:
- Uninstalled Docker
- Disabled Hyper-V under "Turn Windows features on or off"
- Some processes with Hyper-V in them still show up in the task manager, so I keep killing those
- Elevated PowerShell command: Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All
- Elevated Command Prompt command: bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
- Elevated Command Prompt command: dism.exe /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V-All
I've also seen WSL2 (Windows Subsystem for Linux) mentioned as a possible culprit, however I've had WSL2 installed the entire time without issues and I've got some important stuff going on there so I don't want to experiment with uninstalling.
Has anyone beat this lately, any ideas?
- How to fix MGE XE problem
- MP problem – No connection could be estabilished to the server
- Prohibited Program: Docker – Can we be notified before going into a raid?
More about Escape from TarkovPost: "Any advice on disabling Hyper-V to be able to play? Have not been able to play since installing Docker, not even after uninstalling it and disabling Hyper-V" specifically for the game Escape from Tarkov. Other useful information about this game:
- Raids are just a race
- This game is more fun when
- Just a word to all the people who keep critizising BSG and EFT in a harsh tone and all the people who are supporting it in anyway, regardless how much they f*ck up
- Nikit@ QnA with NoiceGuy Tarkov: Answers about Future of Game and Chads and Rats
- PDA device for in-raid intel
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.