Exhibit A: Yesterday someone posted this footage of what clearly appears to be a speed hacker on Woods, please note the player name of the hacker as being 'Spike98'.
Nikita actually responded to this specific video personally about 5 hours ago, something which definitely doesn't seem par for the course on this subreddit. He said, and I quote:
'we checked this server – and its not a cheater. server was lagging hard, sending a lot of packets by packs at once and client (your point of view) was trying to process it fast, thats why it interpolated like its speedhack or something.'
Exhibit B: An hour ago, /u/Lyse89 posted this footage where he kills two players and finds a corpse kitted out in a Slick/Altyn near a bunch of dead bodies.
The body that he searches is wearing 181.4kg in Blackjack backpacks stacked and packed with Firesteels, Prokill Medallions, Virtexes, Bitcoin, and Defibs. Here is the loot expanded, pretty fucking ridiculous.
What's more they all appear to have the Found in Raid tag that apparently disappeared when he brought them out, which as far as I know isn't how FiR works. This guy brought 40 million rubles in stash value into a Factory raid withn him, pretty bizarre behaviour for a legitimate player. Seems much more likely he is a cheater who was trying to transfer his ill-gotten gains to another character, which maybe just maybe could have something to do with getting publicly called out for speedhacking on the subreddit?
Exhibit C: The dogtag of the corpse with all the sus 40mil on it, lo and behold it belongs to none other than the villain of Exhibit A 'Spike98'.
Apparently the same guy who was able to one-tap /u/BarbarianCataphract in the head/jaws while running around at mach 1 on Woods yesterday also was killed in the midst of transferring 40m in loot on Factory hours ago. Somehow this being a coincidence just doesn't sit quite right with me, sorry BSG.
P.S. all credit for making this connection goes to /u/Drizzt___, I just thought it deserved more attention/visibility.
Edit: I've just read that apparently the FiR tags is a known bug to do with scavving into a map, that's one problem here solved.
- Sceptre of the shifting sands – bugged out and Blizzard doing nothing
- Are hackers even a bigger problem than what Reddit says? This is based on my US West Interchange runs. Recently there was a post explaining how many people hack in Tarkov US West + Asia… I can’t tell if people are so RAT they don’t even contest good loot or if they are wall hacking loot + players.
- Advice on running Factory
More about Escape from TarkovPost: "Is BSG lying to us about hacking?" specifically for the game Escape from Tarkov. Other useful information about this game:
- Shooter Born in Heaven – Shitty Tips for Shitty Players
- Some thoughts on the unofficial podcast yesterday and the role of lasers in Tarkov
- FIXING RECOIL IS SO SIMPLE
- Nut the fuck up, guys. Come on. The game doesn’t need to be COD with 15 minute respawns. A serious take on the games community and getting over gear fear.
- I GOT KAPPA! Some personal insight from a first wipe player to other new players.
Top 7 NEW Games of February 2021
Looking for something new to play on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch in February 2021? Here are the notable video game releases.
Top 20 NEW Open World Games of 2021
2021 will bring us tons of open world games for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Switch, and beyond. Here's what we're looking forward to.