Content of the article: "Medicine change suggestion"
Sorry for any possible translation errors.
In Escape from Tarkov you don’t feel the consequences of battles, although the game positions itself as a hardcore shooter. There is no particular fear of getting injured in the legs, arms and abdomen. Players fearlessly storm the enemy if his weapon and ammunition are not capable of causing special damage to armor. This is due, among other things, to the fact that the game is too ultimatum medicine.
From the very beginning of the raid, almost all PMCs use painkillers and after that they just start moving. Blacked out broke your leg? It's okay, we run further without losing speed. Blacked out broke your arm? There will be a tremor and the ADS speed weapons will slow down, but this will not particularly affect the firefight at distances less than 50 meters.
Medicine needs revision / recast.
Legs: in addition to reducing the maximum HP of the limb, reduce the movement speed / carried weight / jump height by a specified percentage. With a lower debuff threshold of, say, 50%.
Right hand: additional reduction in ergonomics, holding time in aiming mode, slight tremor.
Left hand: decrease reload speed, decrease ergonomics, decrease ads speed.
Stomach: Chance of random bleeding.
Additional debuffs for painkillers;
Increased delay and action time for tablets and ointments;
Splints (fracture treatment):Legs:decrease in running speed by a given percentage;
I understand that this is a game. But still it is about hardcore, as the developers say. And the consequences of getting injured after the fight are a very interesting decision in my opinion. My suggestion is not critical, but it will affect the game. Personally, I am very tired of players who are going through hits on the arms and legs and continue fighting, despite the losses. Running on broken legs, etc. And now the only and 100% option to defeat is to hit the head. There is no particular danger of losing a limb, as it is only 20-100 seconds of inactivity.
I would be glad to hear constructive criticism and your suggestions.
An example of changing anesthesia in the table at the link:
- Let’s talk about fractures and splints
- All actions should be as quick&loud or slow&quiet as set in the speed bar
- It’s time to overhaul weapon modding
More about Escape from TarkovPost: "Medicine change suggestion" specifically for the game Escape from Tarkov. Other useful information about this game:
- Just watching the latest Pogcast and their views on VoIP. I know it’s been discussed here but I want to give my experiences with VoIP in the DayZ (mod) and why I feel BSG have already missed the boat with it
- Split up game modes would serve this game well. 1 perma-game, 1 wipe-cycle
- How I survived getting camped on.. as a lightly geared Scav.
- In the swarm of all the lack of legendary drops here is something more respectful.
- 12.8’s Invite Bug is still a thing weeks and numerous patches later
- Instead of a “Recoil skill” how about a “Weapon Sway Skill”
- To My Random Scav Buddy on Customs OCE
- Guide to Scope Zoom in Tarkov
- This has got to be the most toxic subreddit I’ve EVER seen for any game. Such a poor reflection on a mostly great community. Something has to change.
- My initial experiences with Tarkov
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.