Howdy fellow tarkovians!
I'd like to start by giving credit to the creators of the original blogpost who did all the math and a great job at explaining what's behind this abbreviation (lelcat @ tarkovballistics). I'm just using their numbers below.
Being a "visual guy" I wanted to understand how these numbers translate into actually hitting (or missing) my target with certain weapons, so I transformed this data into these pics below.
– head diameter is considered 15cm (like in the original post), I used this number to match it visually with a PMC head. (I also measured my head in the mirror just for fun :P)
– the circles are pretty accurate but there was some eye-balling involved, so take it with a tiny grain of salt
– these deviation circles only take into account the accuracy of the weapon, and NOT the bullet drop. You will have to compensate that by aiming higher the slower your muzzle velocity is. For simplicity reasons we're assuming a zero drop.
How to read:
Each colored circle corresponds to a MOA value at that specific distance (100m and 200m). This area will show you what's the possible deviation of your shot from the point you actually aimed at.
For example, firing a 5 MOA weapon at 100m directly at the nose of your target will pretty much guarantee you will hit a headshot (ignoring bullet drop). However, same conditions but aim it at the forehead you will have a chance to miss as part of the circle will be outside of the head area.
Lastly, as a bonus, I've compiled a table with some of the base MOA for the weapons. Do note that MOA depends on the attachments you use on your weapon AND on the bullets you use in it, so these values will be different depending on your setup.
- Random screenshot since 2016 // feel free to share yours
- New Baptiste Ultimate Fully Covers Almost Every Choke
- Landscapes of the journey Pt. 2
More about Escape from TarkovPost: "MOA accuracy spread deviation – Visual Guide" specifically for the game Escape from Tarkov. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.