My suggestion to slow down RMT would be to implement a spending limit on the flea market. For example, each player can BUY up to 10 million rubles worth of items from the flea, to increase this number there should be specific quests and/or by increasing your flea market reputation.
Cheaters spend a minimum of $35 on a standard edition account and roughly $100-150 a month on cheats. Most accounts that they buy last 48-60 hours. The lowest price for rubles I could find on RMT sites are $1.6 per million. If cheaters are limited to 10 million rubles per day, they would be able to spend 20-25 million per account which would give them $40 per account. This would no longer be profitable for them, unless they increase their prices, Which would lower the demand, and ultimately lower the amount of cheaters (in theory).
Disclaimer, Cheaters may be able to get cheaper accounts, cheaper cheats and may be able to cheat for longer than 60 hours. This is a rough estimation based on people I've spoken to and while browsing various cheating related forums and discord servers, take this with a grain of salt. Potential issues
1) Cheaters would barter, for example Graphics cards and because one graphics card has an estimated price on the flea market of 46,000 rubles, they would be able to trade up to 220 graphics cards a day. Solution, fix the estimated price of barters on the flea market by making the estimated price the average price of all items sold in the last 24 hours.
2) Some legitimate players do spend more than 10 million rubles a day Solution, be able to increase the 10 million limit by doing quests, increasing flea market trading rep, as well as phone verification.
Re-uploaded because I forgot to add a flair
- Day 1180 – Barter is still useless
- I’ve done the actual math on whether or not blue fuel cans are worth buying and using and then crafting
- I am a trash player with 12% survival rate. Here is how I make Roubles
More about Escape from TarkovPost: "Simple fix to (hopefully) limit RMT" specifically for the game Escape from Tarkov. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.