Quick disclaimer – I am a 4+ years time supporter of this game. New redditor, though, because of the neglection of official forum.
Pretty much what the title says.
– BSG completely neglects official forums, locks threads etc.
– BSG unofficially makes reddit "official" feedback forum.
– Nikita all of a sudden replies to threads on reddit personally (I am yet to see this on official forum).
– Nikita on dev stream – "Game is for the hardcore community, It won't be easy…" etc. etc.
– Nikita markets the game to casual audience with Twitch events.
– Twitch events start, attracts immense crowd of casual players (casual is not a bad word, be calm).
– Said casual audience has no clue to what the game is and what are they about to experience.
– Logically they are very much not satisfied.
– "Riots" ensue. Everyone has a tantrum on reddit.
– Nikita – *surprised picachu face* "Community hates me"
My questions here are:
– Why did BSG never used the official forum for feedback?
– Why having a more "regulated" environment would be bad for feedback? (Regulated as in you have to register etc. put some effort) I am asking this, because I've seen it here as an argument. "But you can have one account a be a part of multiple communities.". Yes this is very much true, but is it healthy?
– Do you seriously believe as a community that by letting every single dude out there, that maybe even did not play the game, maybe just watched streams last 1 year, that each one of them should have a tribunal and express their ill informed "opinions" on something they do not understand, they do not like, they do not enjoy?
– Is a Thicc case really a concern of the "core" community? Is this the most important aspect of this game? The thicc case reward? Do you think this would've happened on the official forum?
I am very confused as to what BSG is trying to accomplish with this "strategy". Do they expect to "turn" casual gamers in to "hardcore" ones? That is not happening and for a good reason. Some people just want to RELAX by playing games and this is completely fine. I guess one way or the other they got misled to thinking this is the game for that, when we all know it is not. Why would BSG reach to those people while they are clearly out of their "target audience"?
In my opinion what BSG is currently doing is trying to appeal to both communities which we all know it is impossible. Do they want the "casual" community, do they want the "milsim" one, the "hardcore" one? All I see is how (judging by reddit threads) you are alienating the "core" community (as in early backers who very well know what the payed for/supported) and attracting people who will not like the game, because this is not the thing they are looking for.
Let's have a civil discussion here. I am extremely confused and I am very interested about people's opinion on this matter.
Good luck in your raids!
- All these gratitude posts are not enough. Start being constructive.
- What needs to happen: The Melee Figure Heads (Streamers/Top Players/Commentators/TOs, etc.) need to come together and cowrite an open letter
- The new stim issue brought something new to light – We get contradicting opinion from BSG on how “realistic” this game is supposed to be
More about Escape from TarkovPost: "We would not have had these “scandals” if BSG used the official forums for feedback." specifically for the game Escape from Tarkov. Other useful information about this game:
- FIXING RECOIL IS SO SIMPLE
- Nut the fuck up, guys. Come on. The game doesn’t need to be COD with 15 minute respawns. A serious take on the games community and getting over gear fear.
- I GOT KAPPA! Some personal insight from a first wipe player to other new players.
- Ammunition should have a base penetration value that is modified by the firearm/barrel length.
- Tips for Stash – Magic Cleaning Guide
Top 7 NEW Games of February 2021
Looking for something new to play on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch in February 2021? Here are the notable video game releases.
Top 20 NEW Open World Games of 2021
2021 will bring us tons of open world games for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Switch, and beyond. Here's what we're looking forward to.