Content of the article: "The status of the game…"
I have read a lot of the posts in Reddit and the Eve online posts and the largest comment I read is: “Why? Why are you doing this to my gameplay?” The simple answer: the bottom line. Unlike Black Desert (published by CCPs parent company), Eve is not a direct Pay-to-Win game although it still has many of the signatures of one. In one day, you can start a new character and get into a Titan if you have the money.
Since 2018 when Pearl Abyss purchased CCP, almost every isk making avenue has been nerfed 10% or more, because it slowly raises the cost of a player to play the game. Throw a frog into boiling water it will jump out but if you slowly increase the heat, frog legs for all. The most recent example of this is the new ESS update that makes ratting just a little harder. It adds mechanisms to reduce the amount of bounties in systems where it is quiet and only pays out every three hours and with little or no accountability or forcing PVP. The exception of this is the Triglavian invasion (abyssal sites, ect.) which in my opinion was a distraction for those whose gameplay was changing and had the direct attention of CCPs CEO. Even this was used to make region trading harder by removing the Niarja pipe from Jita to Amarr. Don’t fool yourself by thinking the players were going to be able to stop this, it was heavily weighted to the Triglavians.
This has absolutely been done to increase revenue by making less innovative players pay for their subscription instead of PLEXing it. I am sure that when Pearl Abyss acquired CCP the first meeting with the executives was, “CCP you will make this harder to play Omega for free.” And CCP has come through big time. If you look at the link below you will see that revenue has increased every quarter since CCP started nerfing revenue streams.
I do not blame CCP for this, it is a business after all, and the point of business is profit. Finding the fine line of losing players and profit is the goal. The only thing I do resent CCP for is telling me that they are just fixing the ecosystem of the game. CCP once had an economist on staff to manage the economy and you cannot tell me that the “Game Managers” know more that an economist does. Not even close.
I do a lot of different things in Eve and it has captured my attention longer than any other game I have played. However, I am getting tired of the changes. Getting beat with the stick instead of fed any carrot gets old.
Keep flying it like you stole it!
- Hardcore Players : MMOs vs Single Player
- We have to talk about this – Streamers influencing EFT
- Bloomberg : Game Pass subscriptions lead to about 20% more playing time, and they generate 20% more in sales, both on titles not included in the plan and on extras such as downloadable content. Game Pass helped increase revenue for Xbox content and services by 65%.
More about EVE OnlinePost: "The status of the game…" specifically for the game EVE Online. Other useful information about this game:
- ESS Efforts: Part 1
- Does a Nullsec War Matter Anymore?
- What CCP wants vs What is viable for the game.
- Returning to Eve after 6 years or so, can anyone answer some questions?
- CCP quietly but methodically removing player assets and wealth
- Can we get a fix to the current adm issues please?
- I have no desire to play this game anymore
- Something to Consider for the Eve Partnership Program
- New(ish) player thoughts on redistribution
- WWB II – I hope You Brought a Lunch
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.