Content of the article: "A few of the interesting things I’ve seen from Shelters on the PTS"
If you're a camp builder then you've likely also been salivating over the coming Shelters update. I've been watching for the PTS like a hawk so I could check out any of the new/cool new features. Here's a few of the things I've noticed so far:
- The budget is separate and much (50%) larger than the outside camp budget
- The floor of the vault acts like a giant grid of foundation, so walls will snap to key points on the floor as if they were foundation tiles. This foundation area doesn't extend all the way to any wall however, so you have about a half a wall of space between the walls you build and the interior wall of the vault. (No half walls/floors sorry guys.). Technically the outer edge also doesn't have any "foundation" so you won't be able to do double walls on the outer perimeter but hopefully double sided wallpaper is coming in the future.
- You can toggle snapping for objects like floors and walls which will allow you to free place them anywhere (even in the air)
- You can free place most objects pretty much anywhere (including in mid air) like on shelves as long as they aren't intersecting (so some larger objects may end up snapping to the wrong shelf if you try to put them somewhere)
- Floor tiles will now snap to the halfway points of full size floor tiles (instead of needing to use the half sizes)
- Floor tiles will also snap to the second/third level floor of the vault floors without needing stairs (so even though they are pre-built they also function as their own grid of flooring) but the stairs still seem required for your own walls if you want a second level that's not connected to the vault flooring.
- You cannot make or use blueprints inside the vault (might be a PTS thing)
- You cannot place a vendor inside a vault
- There are no new powered objects or connectors (at least currently)
- You can lock the door of your vault entrance.
- You can put a vault entrance inside another vault instance
- If you move your camp the vault stays the same and doesn't need to be re-built
Will update the list as I learn more but there's a few good features here, especially the ability to float objects and disable snapping.
- Detailed Camp Shelters info/feedback for those of you who can’t access the PTS
- Bethesda, if you’re going to sell premades that require flat ground, then you need to make more flat ground in the map.
- Sanctuary City/Sanctuary Bridge Fort
© Post "A few of the interesting things I’ve seen from Shelters on the PTS" for game Fallout.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!