Content of the article: "Fallout 4, realizing Nora as a very playable character."
Fellow redditors, I've finally made it!
As many of you may agree, F4 is very compatible with a male/ex-military protagonist who is either a Minutemen or a BOS member. And lots of you, including me, struggled with a woman character exactly because of her "post-apocalyptically useless" lawyer career. I mean, without doubt lawyers can be tough girls and guys, especially if they are 1s/2nd amendment enthusiasts or are coming from a law enforcement careers or having a certain hobbies. Of course, husband soldier can teach his wife a lot of survival skills, especially if their country is in a deep crisis. And as a last but not least resort JAGs are real people and they all undergo BCT/IET training programs in a boot camp.
Still, that tiny bit of education lore was bringing more harm than good. But literally today I finally saw a huge missing piece of a puzzle, which makes Nora's Juris Doctor degree a solid and essential vehicle for a three different characters, who is capable of fitting a post-apocalyptic environment.
I must admit that a specifics of getting a JD degree in USA was unknown to me (I'm not an american). Thus I assumed too much. But it turns out that american system of teaching lawyers is very peculiar in a good sense of a word — and a fields of study where student are coming from are very diverse. Thus having a JD degree means not just attorneys at law or criminal defense lawyers, but much-much varied careers:
1) Nora may be a fresh-baked patent attorney (not a patent agent, tho). That way she is either a good mechanic/engineer/scientist who made a somehow diagonal career move — or a self-taught inventor trying to protect her designs. Yes. This is exactly that character who can build a turret out of tin cans or turn ol' Codsworth into an armored vessel of death and destruction.
2) Nora may be a FBI applicant. One of their five Special Agent entry programs is Law and it specifically mentions a JD degree. Also, it is not unheard even now in 2020 about police officers or detectives aquiring JD degree on top of their law enforcement degrees as a career option or a retirement cushion. 57 years may raise a bar, making a law degree essentially a "career/no career" switch for these people. This is a character who won't be intimidated by a crazy punks with a pipe guns.
3) Nora may be an enterpreneur and/or local politician. She never got MBA because family's business and her JD degree is a more of a taxation move. This is a character who is capable of building a profitable enterprise and a personal safety even in a post-apocalyptic Boston. She understands how people think, what do they really need, how to deal with them, which leverages are better and what methods are worse. This includes employing ex-Gunner or ex-Raider or, well, you know, that annoying guy in a funny hat.
- Few things to say about update 3.0
- Nate and Nora: Self inserts, or Unique Characters?
- Second Season of my fictional Fallout 4 show, having Nora side with the institute
© Post "Fallout 4, realizing Nora as a very playable character." for game Fallout.
Top 7 NEW Games of June 2020
Quite a few exciting games are releasing for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo in June. Here's what to keep an eye on.
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2020
Video games with open worlds continue to roll out in 2020 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and beyond. Here are some to look forward to!
Top 10 Best New Upcoming Games 2020-2021
The best selection of games which will be released in 2020 and 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia and PC - and you can watch in amazing UHD 4K and 60FPS with latest updates about all of the games in this list!