- Survival system will be toned down (finally!) – Not drinking water or food will not grant you any negative effects. However, drinking water of food does give you some boosts.
- The Brotherhood of Steel questline will have choices and consequences/"arcs" based on choices.
- Steel Dawn includes new quest, allies, encounters, weapons/armor very similar to Wastelanders' content.
- Won't be this "massive" one-drop DLC like Wastelanders, content will be spread out through updates like Wild Appalachia.
Daily Ops/Legendary Perks:
- They're going to continue re-visiting existing "spaces" and retired Vaults for Daily Ops.
- New modes, creature and mutations are being worked on for a greater variety.
- Legendary Perks will be expanded upon so players would be able to carry over their legendary perks over to new characters as sort of a "New Game+" feature.
Fallout's 76 Future:
- Even "crazier" content is coming next year – they're adding more "content, gameplay systems, balance tweaks, etc." The entire year is planned out.
- Fallout 76 is considered "stable" now internally, so they want to focus on making content.
- Building will be focused on heavily next year. (cough* settlement building/management please*)
- New Halloween and Christmas event coming.
- No plans for next-gen enhancements in any form – but will still be playable on next gen with no improvement whatsoever. (very unfortunate for a live service game.)
- Crossplay/cross-save is not on their roadmap right now as that would shift the team's focus from producing content. Would need a lot of work than "flipping a switch".
- Perk Loadouts just kept getting pushed due to other priorities that came up.
- 50% of their content/ideas comes from Reddit and YouTube (keep the feedback coming!)
- They're looking to add player-versus-player content in the future, not a priority at the moment due to the lack of players engaging in player-versus-player besides in Nuclear Winter.
- 5 Coins per Perk Card is the magic number to make the Legendary Perk system enjoyable and fresh! Math and Lots of words inside.
- Pre-production Fallout 5 Feedback
- 5 Minute Summary – Fallout 76 Developer Interview – Gamescon – Live Stream Aug 29, 2020 Video
More about FalloutPost: "Fallout 76 Interview (Steel Dawn, Next Gen, 2021 content, etc.)" specifically for the game Fallout. Other useful information about this game:
Top 20 NEW Medieval Games of 2021
Swords, dragons, knights, castles - if you love any of this stuff, you might like these games throughout 2021.
10 NEW Shooter Games of 2021 With Over The Top Action
We've been keeping our eye on these crazy action oriented first and third person shooter games releasing this year. What's on your personal list? Let us know!
Top 10 NEW Survival Games of 2021
Survival video games are still going strong in 2021. Here's everything to look forward to on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and beyond.