Content of the article: "Feature for future Fallout game: Holotape Recorder."
Probably been proposed before. One of the things I like about the Elder Scrolls is that the text you get in that game, you can read it then if you want or you can stash it away and read it all later.
Sometimes I'm in the mood to just play the game and sometimes I'm in the mood to read. I can't always abruptly summon the will to want to enjoy text on a monitor when I was enjoying the shooting and exploring but I might still want to read something eventually later on when I'm more in a reading mood. Maybe when I'm back in the settlement. or my player home, whatever the next game is going to have.
Enter the holotape recorder. Comes with your pipboy and allows you to record any terminal entry for playback on your pipboy. Now you can scoop up all the lore without breaking the flow of your exploration and enjoy the lore dump later. Of course if you like stopping in the middle of, say, a Vault to investigate just what was going on here, you can do that and experience the location in that way.
I suppose the disadvantage there is that people would become less likely to read entries when they first encounter them and those entries might be part of a story they're telling with the environment that you're going to miss if you record the terminal entry, so they'd have to change how they write entries to account for the possibility that the player wouldn't be in the ruin or wherever when they were reading.
Its a gameplay consideration. Maybe the game could give you a warning to that effect "We intend for you to read terminal entries as you encounter them as they complement our environmental storytelling, but we give you this tool if you really prefer the convenience."
Or they could make it so that certain entries can't be copied for whatever reason. file size too large, file corrupt, system version incompatible and use that when they believe a terminal entry is critical to getting the story they're telling in an environment while letting the player copy entries that are less critical.
Alternately, I don't know how hard it would be, but this could be an awesome mod.
- What would happen if we couldn’t trust our pipboys?
- A realization I had playing ESO…
- Randall Clark’s Story Broke Me
More about FalloutPost: "Feature for future Fallout game: Holotape Recorder." specifically for the game Fallout. Other useful information about this game:
- What are some things you want to see in future Fallout Games?
- Pathway inspired tabletop rpg campaign
- OLD WORLD BLUES: THE COMEDY AND TRAGEDY OF LOSING YOUR FRIENDS TO MAD SCIENCE
- Fallout New Vegas is like the First Punic War
- Fallout 4: Aftergame
- Steel Dawn is my favourite interpretation of the Brotherhood in any Fallout game
- Bethesda, guys, it wasn’t so much dying from lack of food/water, it was the frequency of needing it.
- What is the strongest faction/group? Is it the ncr, the masters army(maybe),institue? No
- An Honest to God, No Bullsh*t New Vegas Review (Base Game)
- A Concept for an Expansion Maybe Takes a game to the Coal Region in Philadelphia.
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.