Content of the article: "FO76 Needs A New Server Wide Event"
So I propose we Bring Caravans to the Wasteland!
1: Improve Workshops
- Buff/Restore Extractors to pre-nerf capability…(store up to 20 extracted mats; applicable extractors always provide scrap, not ore)
- Allow players to Blueprint workshop builds with a simple “Apply Saved Build or Build New” option upon claiming a workshop
- Allow players to claim a workshop in the name of a particular faction and reward rep when the workshop is successfully defended
- Much like in Fo4, Caravan’s will have trade-routes that go from workshop to workshop…completing the route will mean the Caravan was successful
- Each Caravan will involve any two opposing factions…the faction leading the caravan will be hindered en-route by the opposite faction
- A Faction Caravan succeeds when it completes the route and raises its flag at each workshop along the way…a Faction Caravan fails if all its NPCs are killed (Caravan Master, Caravan Henchmen and Brahmin) and/or if it fails to raise its flag at any workshop along the route
- A special shout-out to user fightingnetentropy for the suggestions they made on this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/jvm23p/pretty_sure_it_wont_unbalance_the_game_if_beth/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf …they were very good improvements that really should be incorporated w/ or w/o the inclusion of a Caravan Event system…as you can see I listed them above
- It will be necessary to have “No-build-corridors” leading into and out of workshops so the Caravan can progress
- When Caravan Events are triggered at each workshop it will create a public event, each player who joins the event will be given the option of which Faction they choose to support and a warning that they are agreeing to open PvP while they’re participating (if the PvP option is enabled at the instigation of the Caravan)
- Individual Caravan Workshop Events will function in much the same way “Capture the Flag” elements work, the details of which I assume are familiar to most everyone
- Caravan NPCs will return to full health each time a workshop is captured
- Opposition NPCs will function much the way hoard events function and will spawn at workshops…as long as the “Alpha or Leader” is alive more Opposing NPCs will spawn to replace their fallen comrades
- NPCs will gain a % negitive incoming dmg buff relative to how many players are supporting the opposite faction
Those who’ve endured my infrequent pontifications will recognize this post as a simplified section of a post I made about many different ideas, pre-Wastelanders release.
As envisioned this proposed Caravan System will allow players the license to dip in and out as they wish, PvP will be enabled or disabled as an option when the Caravan is instigated by a player so it doesn’t have to be an integral part of the Caravan’s function.
The point is to have both individual events and one long event that encourage a lot of public participation, but is equally possible to be soloed if only one player is involved.
Rewards including faction rep and bullion are a must…wouldn’t it be nice to have a way to progress rep other than repeatable dailies?
If you’d like to see the original post this one was based on you can find it here:
Looking forward to hearing the ideas of other users on this sub!
- ATTENTION ALL NUBS AND PEOPLE GRINDING RUSSIAN MEDIUMS
- A Wastelander’s Guide to Workshop’s, Raiding, PVP and How You Can Stay Safer!
- How I would overhaul FO4’s Factions
More about FalloutPost: "FO76 Needs A New Server Wide Event" specifically for the game Fallout. Other useful information about this game:
- Why do people hate Bethesda for “shoehorning” the BoS in their Fallout games. They have been in every Fallout game as “That faction, but they’re familiar.”
- The woes of max caps LOL
- Feed the people is the most underrated event
- What are some things you want to see in future Fallout Games?
- Pathway inspired tabletop rpg campaign
- OLD WORLD BLUES: THE COMEDY AND TRAGEDY OF LOSING YOUR FRIENDS TO MAD SCIENCE
- Fallout New Vegas is like the First Punic War
- Fallout 4: Aftergame
- Steel Dawn is my favourite interpretation of the Brotherhood in any Fallout game
- Bethesda, guys, it wasn’t so much dying from lack of food/water, it was the frequency of needing it.
Top 10 NEW Games of November 2020
November 2020 is filled with tons of games to pay attention to thanks to the upcoming launch of PS5 /Xbox Series X and beyond. Here's a roundup of the big ones.
Top 10 Best Video Games of 2020 (So Far)
In times of uncertainty, video games allow us to escape from the stress of the real world. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of the best games released in the first half of 2020.